Vanderbilt University School of Medicine trains leaders in medicine by providing the best faculty and physicians in the best learning environment for the best students in the world. We are known for our personal attention and our customized medical education. Our research program is the fastest growing in the United States.
Our ranking among the top medical schools comes not just from an innovative curriculum and state-of-the-art facilities, it comes from our commitment to people.
Students and faculty learn in an environment that supports excellence in education, patient care and research. Since 1875, the School of Medicine has made education its highest priority. We seek the best and brightest students and provide them with a foundation in the basic and clinical sciences that enables them to become leaders and scholars. Our dedicated faculty work closely with each student in a supportive environment that encourages creative thinking and diversity.
The mission of Vanderbilt University School of Medicine is to improve human health. To achieve this goal, we will:
- Prepare physicians, scientists and educators for positions of worldwide leadership.
- Discover and disseminate new knowledge that advances understanding of health and disease.
- Provide compassionate, personalized patient care of the highest quality in service to our local, national and global communities.
- Embrace a culture of lifelong learning, innovation and continuous improvement.
- Create a diverse and broadly inclusive community of faculty, staff and students that enriches our learning environment and ensures excellence in research and patient care.
- Nurture and protect Vanderbilt’s unique legacy of cooperation, collegiality, and mutual respect.
- Foster the personal and professional growth of all members of the Vanderbilt community, as we continuously strive to realize full potential.