Shared Hospital Services Corporations (SHSC) Linen Services for VU Basic Sciences Lab Coat Cleaning
Please follow the process below to request lab coat cleaning from SHSC.
- Labs will place blanket POs for cleaning lab coats over the fiscal year. You cannot use a restricted center. Scott Hall (our rep) said to estimate somewhere around $5 - $6 per coat (they bill by the pound so it will depend on the cloth of the coat and how many are in the bag). Please put the center number you are billing for the cleaning service in the Notes to Vendor section.
- In the back corner of U3202 MRB3, there are (1) laundry bags for the soiled linens, (2) a product log to fill out the information regarding the items including your billing center number, contact info and etc. and (3) a valet ticket which you should add your contact info.
*Note: U3202 MRB3 is locked 24/7 by a card swipe lock. You will need to go to the link below and place a Door Access Request so that your badge can be activated to unlock the room. https://medschool.vanderbilt.edu/cdb-core-lab/door-access-requests
- Product Log – Please take the top white copy for your records and place the bottom three copies in the bag with your lab coats.
- Valet Ticket – Take the top copy and place the bottom copy in the bag.
- Tie a knot in the linen bag and place it in the large gray bin.
- SHSC pick-ups are on Tuesdays and the location will be in U3202 MRB3. The lab coats will be dropped off at the same place the following Tuesday.
- Labs will call either Scott Hall or Cassandra Callahan (see contact info below) when they are needing a pick-up. The call must be made before 10:00 am on Monday if labs want coats picked up by SHSC the next day.
- If you want the option of viewing your charges over time, you can setup an account via SHSC’s online system.
- If you have questions, please contact Anthony Tharp at 322-8326.
Scott Hall, Linen Information Coordinator
Cassandra Callahan, Customer Relations Manager