American College of Surgeons - Medical Student Membership
Students at all levels who are currently enrolled in osteopathic or allopathic medical schools in the United States, Canada, and international countries may apply for Medical Student Membership in the American College of Surgeons.
The $20.00 application fee must accompany the application along with the signature of the surgery department’s Chair verifying the medical student’s status at the school. No annual dues will be required. Membership will expire upon graduation from medical school, but the student may transfer to Resident Member status when entering an accredited surgical residency training program.
Medical Student members will receive many benefits:
- Online access to the Journal of the American College of Surgeons (JACS), and a weekly electronic newsletter, Newscope
- Attendance at the Clinical Congress without a registration fee when advance registered
- Eligibility for enrollment in the College-sponsored insurance programs (health, life, auto, disability, loan payment)
- Discounted select textbooks purchased at Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
- Discounted PDA hardware and software
- Access to “Members Only” side of ACS web site
- Representation on selected ACS Committees (Subcommittee on Medical Student Education and Committee on Informatics
- Use of ACS travel agency
or call Ms. Irene Kulyk at (312) 202-5268 or 1-800-293-4029