Join us for our 1st Primary Care Month Event!
--Tuesday, (11/3) Dinner, Date, and Movie: Film Screening of "Living Downstream" - Cancer and the Environment followed by discussion with Sophie Bjork-James, PhD (Anthropology Department)
- Light Hall 208
- 5:30 pm
- FREE Food & Popcorn will be provided! We all know that you'll be hungry after hours of rounding and/or lectures. Why not get dinner and be informed?
- Living Downstream: A documentary that follows Dr. Sandra Steingraber, an ecologist, for a year as she battles cancer and travels all around the country to bring attention to chemical carcinogens and cancer prevention. The film is a part of a new series of films and speakers called "Seeking New Metaphors: Mobilizing Culture to Confront Environmental Crises,” sponsored by the EOS Project at Vanderbilt.
- *Co-hosted by Vanderbilt Undergraduate AMSA
ON THE HORIZON...
--Saturday, (11/7) Hike for the Homeless
- FMIG is partnering with the Safe Haven Family Shelter to staff volunteers for the 11th Annual Hike for the Homeless. People who are homeless die 3-4X the rate of the general population with a life expectancy of 55 years. Join us as we help support the homeless community in this fund raising effort
- Sign up here or at www.hon.org. Click "sign up with a team," and register (2 minutes duration) choosing FMIG as your team. You'll receive instructions by email. Any questions?? Email Efi Akam at email@example.com See you there!!
--Coming up later in the month:
- Surgical Skills Session with Family Medicine Residents
- Primary Care Physician Panel (Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Med-Peds)
We look forward to seeing you!
--FMIG & AMSA
FMIG Interest Group: https://medschool.vanderbilt.edu/cim/family-medicine