The Vanderbilt Healthcare Improvement Group invites you to participate in its "Business Case for Quality" Panel featuring:
- Dr. Lawrence Van Horn, Executive Director of Health Affairs, Owen Graduate School of Management.
- Dr. Roger Dmochowski, Medical Director of Risk Management, Vanderbilt University Hospital
- Dr. Chip Chambers, Senior Medical Director, Cigna Healthspring
Through this panel participants will have an opportunity to:
- Understand the ways in which "quality" may be defined by individual healthcare organizations and by the industry as a whole
- Discuss how traditional business/manufacturing approaches can be used to eliminate waste, reduce costs, and improve patient outcomes
- Explore ways to assess and manage relationships between cost and quality in a healthcare setting
Dinner to follow. RSVP requested.
*This event is part of the VHIG "Fundamentals of Quality Improvement" Elective. This particular panel is open to the public. For more information about the course email email@example.com.*