Shan Wang, Ph.D.
Research Instructor, Chen Lab
My research interest is in understanding the molecular mechanisms of how mTOR signaling pathway controls tumor angiogenesis and how the mTOR-mediated angiogenesis cross-talk with tumor microenvironment to promote tumor progression. The ultimate goal of this project is to identify new therapeutic targets to block tumor angiogenesis.
1. Werfel, TA, Wang S, Jackson MA, Kavanaugh T, Joly MM, Hicks DJ, Sanchez VM, Lee L, Dimobi SC, Sarett SM, Brantley-Sieders DM, Cook RS, and Craig L. Duvall. (2018) Selective mTORC2 inhibition, without mTORC1 inhibition, using RNAi nanomedicine in vivo provides therapeutic anti-tumor benefit. Cancer Research, 2018, Jan 22
2. Edwards DN, Ngwa VM, Wang S, Shiuan E, Brantley-Sieders DM, Kim LC, Reynolds, AB, and Jin Chen. (2017) Regulation of cancer glutamine metabolism by EphA2 RTK-dependent activation of transcriptional co-activators YAP and TAZ. Science Signal, 2017 Dec 5; 10(508)
3. Amato K, Wang S, Hasting A, Ye F, Gray N, and Jin Chen. (2016) EPHA2 inhibition overcomes acquired resistance to EGFR TKIs in lung cancer. Cancer Res., 76(2); 1-14
4. Wang S, Amato K, Song WQ, Youngblood V, Brantley-Sieders.DM, and Jin Chen. (2015) Regulation of endothelial cell proliferation and vascular assembly through distinct mTORC2 signaling pathways. Molecular and Cellular Biology., 35 (7): 1299-313 (Selected candidate for journal cover)
5. Morrison MM, Young CD, Wang S, Sobolik T, Sanchez VM, Hicks DJ, Cook RS, and Dana Brantley-Sieders (2015) mTOR directs breast morphogenesis through a Rictor-dependent PKCα-Rac1 signaling axis that is Akt-independent. PLOS Genetics., 11(7): e1005291
6. Youngblood V, Wang S, Song WQ, Walter D, Huang Y, Chen J, and Dana Brantley-Sieders. (2015) Elevated Slit2 activity impairs VEGF-induced angiogenesis and tumor neovascularization in EphA2-deficienct endothelium. Molecular Cancer Res., Mar; 13 (3): 524-37
7. Amato K, Wang S Hasting A, Chen E, Colcin D, Ye F, Tan L, Gray N, and Jin Chen. (2014) Genetic and pharmacologic inhibition of EPHA2 promotes apoptosis in NSCLC. Journal of Clinical Invest., 124 (5): 2037-2049
8. Mansouri S, Wang S* and Lori Frappier. (2013) A Role for the nucleosome assembly proteins TAF-Iβ and NAP1 in the activation of BZLF1 expression and Epstein-Barr virus reactivation. PLoS One., 14;8(5) (* co-first author)
9. Wang S and Lori Frappier. (2009) Nucleosome assembly proteins bind to Epstein-Barr Nuclear Antigen 1 (EBNA1) and affect its functions in DNA replication and transcriptional Activation. Journal of Virology. 83(22):11704-14.
10. Sarkari F, Sanchez-Alcaraz T, Wang S, Holowaty MN, Sheng Y, and Lori Frappier. (2009) EBNA1-mediated recruitment of a histone H2B deubiquitylating complex to the Epstein-Barr virus latent origin of DNA replication. PLoS Pathog. 2009 Oct;5(10)
11. Lin A, Wang S, Nguyen T, Shire K, and Lori Frappier. (2008) The EBNA1 Protein of Epstein-Barr virus functionally Interacts with Brd4. Journal of Virology. 82: 12009-12012.
12. Wang S, Arends SJ, Weiss DS and Elaine Newman. (2005) A deficiency in S-adenosylmethionine synthetase interrupts assembly of the septal ring in Escherichia coli K12. Molecular Microbiology. 58: 791-799
13. Zhu F, Wang S, and Peijing Zhou. (2003) Flavobacterium xinjiangense sp. nov. and Flavobacterium omnivorum sp. nov., novel psychrophiles from the China No. 1 glacier. International Journal of Systematic and Evolutionary Microbiology. 53: 853-857