Clinical & Public Health Research Fellowships, Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance
The Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance is pleased to announce the launch of its Clinical and Public Health Research Fellowships 2016.
India Alliance invites applications for three Fellowship schemes: Early Career Fellowships, Intermediate Fellowships and Senior Fellowships.
*Eligibility limit covers the entire range of Clinical and Public Health Research Fellowship schemes
❖ No age or Nationality restrictions.
❖ The candidates need not be resident in India while applying but should be willing to establish an independent research career in India.
❖ Clinicians and Public health researchers do not require a PhD to apply.
❖ This competition is open for clinicians and public health researchers with up to 15 years of post-MD/MS/MPH/PhD or equivalent clinical / public health research experience.
❖ The Applicants are advised to choose the most appropriate scheme suitable for them based on their qualification, research experience, career trajectory and track record. Please refer to the guidance notes, provisions and mandate of the scheme for assessing your eligibility on the website. The Office reserves the right to advice on the suitability of the scheme accordingly.
Early Career Fellowship: This scheme provides a unique opportunity for those, who have shown promise to pursue research and wish to further their efforts to build a research career under the supervision of a Fellowship supervisor. Guidance note : Suitable for applicants in the final year PhD/MD/MS/MPH or have up to 4 years of relevant experience
Intermediate Fellowship: For those who have been successful in building a track record of pursuing a cutting edge research and wish to establish their own independent clinical/public health research program in India. Guidance note : Suitable for applicants with 4-7 years of relevant experience.
Senior Fellowship: For those who have demonstrated their potential to lead an independent research program and want to expand it further to undertake pioneering research. Guidance note : Suitable for applicants with 7-15 years of relevant experience.
Remit: Full spectrum of biomedical science involving clinical and public health research.
● These Fellowships would encourage interested clinicians to pursue their research goals in combination with their clinical duties.
● Competitive personal support
● Generous research support with flexibility to accommodate requirements of clinical and public health research.
● Flexibility to request additional support staff
● Support training cost and research sabbatical
● Funds for International training and travel
● Opportunity to pursue a PhD on the India Alliance funded research
Essentials on the application:
● A research proposal that seeks to answer an original biomedical research question
● A not-for-profit Host Institution in India that will administer the Fellowship for the full duration of the award. A salaried position or commitment to a salaried position at the Host Institution is not required.
● A Sponsor at the Host Institution, who can guarantee space and resources for the duration of the award.
● In case of an Early Career Fellowship, a Fellowship Supervisor, who can guarantee access to laboratory space and resources required for the project as well as provide relevant scientific guidance for the tenure of the Fellowship.
Application form will be available on the India Alliance website at https://fellowships.wellcomedbt.org/
The completed preliminary applications are due by 1 March, 2016
Please visit our website www.wellcomedbt.org for further information on the remit, provisions and application process.