Job Opportunity: Medical Science Liaison, Sanofi, Nashville, TN
Medical Science Liaison – SOUTH-EAST, Sanofi, Nashville, TN
Sanofi is a global healthcare leader focused on patients' needs, engaged in the research, development, manufacturing and marketing of therapeutic solutions focused on patients’ needs. Sanofi has core strengths in diabetes solutions, human vaccines, innovative drugs, consumer healthcare, emerging markets and Sanofi Genzyme.
At Sanofi, our ambition is to be an integrated global healthcare company, focused on patients’ needs. Much more than just a leading pharmaceutical company, Sanofi is committed to transforming scientific innovations into solutions and services that protect health, enhance life, and respond to the needs of the 7 billion people in the world. We trust our ambition to guide and inspire us as we work to create a future with optimal health and wellness for everyone.
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) will be responsible for providing non-promotional scientific, educational, and research support for the Dupilumab – Asthma product in the respective territory. The MSL position is a field based member of the Medical Affairs team. The MSL should be highly trained in a health care field and well-versed in clinical and for basic science to be able to deliver cutting edge data and technical/practical education to Health Care Professionals (HCP).The MSL will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with key Respiratory experts and building a well-informed advocacy base for Sanofi Genzyme's Immunology franchise, including compounds in the development program. The MSL will act as a conduit for providing accurate and updated clinical, scientific and medical information to Respiratory Experts, health care professionals, treatments decision makers and other members of the scientific, provider and payer community (private insurance, payers, medical groups, government agencies, and health systems with drug formularies), in compliance with all relevant company policies.
Territory: South-East – Territory Map Available
- Maintains business and clinical knowledge of the asthma treatment landscape including current treatment strategies, current and pending competitors, and new therapeutic developments.
- Increases Sanofi Genzyme's visibility among leaders in the therapeutic field of Respiratory. Identifies, establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with key Respiratory Experts, investigators and institutions strategic to product development.
- Participates in medical education for healthcare professionals through presentations at office visits, investigator meetings, advisory boards, medical meetings, and other appropriate venues to enhance product and disease state knowledge.
- Collaborates with clinical team and CRA's to coordinate and optimize educational and research support for sites/investigators participating in Sanofi Genzyme's clinical trials.
- Responds to unsolicited requests regarding interest in investigator sponsored studies (ISS), and supports ISS submissions through appropriate internal processes.
- Responds to unsolicited request for medical information associated with supported products and disease state areas.
- Provides effective clinical presentations to internal and external audiences and tailors presentations to meet specific needs of the audience (appropriate response to unsolicited requests).
- Identifies and communicates key clinical and research issues and insights from industry leaders to appropriate departments to help shape company research, development, and strategies for investigational and commercialized products.
- Facilitates the identification of medical community educational needs around Asthma disease state management, including awareness and understanding of appropriate/inappropriate use of company products.
- Collaboration with internal and external stakeholders in support of needs of Key Opinion leaders (KOLs).
- Maintains clinical expertise through comprehensive education including attendance at relevant symposium, scientific workshops, and review of key journals. Participation in required internal training, presentations and journal clubs.
- Maintains appropriate communication with Medical, Regulatory, and Legal personnel within the company to ensure appropriate timelines and procedures are met.
- Adheres to regulatory and compliance guidelines and company policies in all aspects of scientific dissemination of information to include responses to unsolicited requests for medical information.
- Enhances clinical/scientific knowledge of customers and colleagues through education and appropriate scientific exchange.
- Works collaboratively with relevant internal stakeholders to identify local/regional educational gaps/needs and apply appropriate field medical support that is aligned with medical strategy
- Provides field updates regarding topics of interest
- Addresses administrative and reporting needs on a timely basis or as requested by management.
- Travel 60% or greater, including domestic and international travel as needed