Job Opportunity: Product Marketing Manager, Phase Genomics, Seattle Washington
Seattle-based Phase Genomics is seeking a highly motivated individual with proven experience in developing and executing product marketing strategies to grow our revolutionary genome assembly service. Our microbiome discovery platform combines cutting-edge lab techniques with innovative analysis software to give researchers the tools they need to make important scientific breakthroughs. Phase Genomics offers the opportunity to use your marketing talents to power real-world discoveries like curing diseases, improving food safety, and uncovering the role of the microbiome in health.
Our business has achieved solid market traction, critical acclaim from customers, and respected reviews from peer scientists. We are now seeking to invest in a range of marketing activities to broaden awareness, communicate the value we can deliver, and generate sales opportunities. You’ll be part of a highly-skilled team where every member is given the opportunity to develop and execute within their area of responsibility and where we share the common goal of delivering world-class results.
Your primary responsibility will be to define and execute company/product awareness and lead generation strategies/tactics which results in broad understanding of our value in selected customer segments, and which generates substantial leads for our sales channel. This role requires a high level of creativity, attention to detail, self-motivation, and project management skills.
● Work with the executive team to define and deliver our marketing strategy across multiple product lines.
● Own overall planning and execution for awareness and demand/lead generation tactics (i.e. content marketing, SEO, PR, social marketing).
● Interview customers and form customer advisory groups to inform product direction and marketing strategy.
● Define customer personas to provide focus for marketing and product development efforts.
● Manage technical aspects of key marketing systems (marketing automation, CRM).
● 5+ years of successful experience developing and executing web, digital marketing and PR strategies to grow revenue for a business targeted to scientific customers.
● Proven success in planning and executing product launches and creating awareness for a new technology targeted to a scientific customer base.
● Comfort working in an early stage company, where ambiguity is high and teamwork is a must.
● B.A. or B.S in a marketing discipline, or equivalent work experience. Masters in marketing/communications/PR preferred.
● A background in genomics and/or biotech is preferred.
● Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Email resumes/CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org