ASPIRE Internships: Westgate Charities, Inc., Marketing and Community Relations Development Intern; Program Development Intern, Nashville TN
Westgate Charities, Inc
Marketing and Community Relations Development Intern
Program Development Intern
Westgate Charities, Inc. Nashville Chapter is seeking candidates for two internship positions:
Marketing and Community Relations Development
This position provides an opportunity to contribute to the organization’s mission of providing support for families challenged with parental mental illness while establishing strategic community alliances. The ideal candidate must be energetic, a team player, results-oriented, and dedicated to the achievement of personal and team goals. This internship requires a candidate with confidence in interpersonal communication and public speaking, excellent writing skills, and a passion for making a difference in the lives of children affected by parental mental illness.
This position provides an opportunity to contribute to the organization’s mission of providing support for families challenged with parental mental illness while planning, budgeting, overseeing and documenting community engagement programs. The ideal candidate must be well organized, timely, energetic, and capable team builder. This internship requires a candidate with previous experience in project management and a passion for making a difference in the lives of children affected by parental mental illness.
- Internship will run November 2018 – January 2019, with the opportunity to extend pending review.
- Internship is unpaid
- Part-time 5-6 hrs per week, flexible
Applications due by midnight, Thursday, November 15, 2018
- Fill out the following ASPIRE Internship Application found here: (https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Westgate_Fa2018)
- Submit a resume and cover letter to Ashley Brady at firstname.lastname@example.org (Please submit documents as pdfs with your last name_Westgate_Fa2018 in the file name and with subject line: ASPIRE Internship: Westgate Marketing or Program Dev, please specify)
- Schedule a meeting with Ashley Brady prior to the application deadline
Your information will then be passed along to the organization and they will contact you directly to schedule an interview.
- Applicants must be a current Vanderbilt University PhD student or a current postdoctoral fellow.
- All PhD students must have completed all coursework for their degree prior to the start of the internship.
- Biomedical PhD students must also have passed their qualifying exams before the application deadline.
- Students and postdocs may not participate in more than one internship at a time. More than one application may be submitted at a single time, but only one position can be accepted.
- If you are not in a department supported by the BRET office, we will also require that you complete a form guaranteeing PI approval to participate in this program. Please contact Ashley Brady at email@example.com for more information.
- If you are an international student or postdoctoral fellow, your visa status may affect your work eligibility. Please contact Ashley Brady (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss this further.