Launch Tennessee’s summer internship program application is open!
Launch Tennessee’s internship program is looking for qualified candidates to work with one of several startups in their network.
LaunchTN started the Summer Internship Program in May 2014, providing undergraduate and graduate students the opportunity to engage in Tennessee’s startup communities. LaunchTN’s Internship Program boasts 120+ talented, innovative alumni who worked in one of Tennessee’s six regional entrepreneur centers since 2015. In 2018, the program expanded to include internships with ten select high-growth startups located across the state.
The LaunchTN Internship Program gives students an opportunity to work with an ecosystem builder or growing startup in Tennessee. The diverse experiences and relationships generated by these internships are memorable, enjoyable and highly relevant to anyone pursuing an entrepreneurial path.
Intern Benefits + Details
- Interns will receive a stipend paid bi-weekly, totaling $6,500 over 13-14 weeks
- The program runs from May to August 2019, with flexible start and end dates
- Interns will report directly to a supervisor at the company or entrepreneur center
- Interns will have access to mentor(s) in addition to their assigned supervisor
Process + Timeline
- December 4, 2018 – Host companies and entrepreneur centers announced
- February 19, 2019 – Application deadline
- January 7 – February 19 – Applications reviewed and phone interviews scheduled. Selected candidates will be asked to rank their top two choices (companies/ECs).
- LaunchTN will match candidates with selected companies/ECs, who will then conduct interviews on a rolling basis.
- March 1 – April 5 – Offers extended to selected candidates
- College student or recent graduate (Doctoral and Master’s students included)
- Ability to locate in Tennessee for the internship term
- Interest in entrepreneurship and working in a flexible, ever-changing environment
- Hustle and the ability to problem solve on the fly
- Curiosity and flexibility
- Strong communications skills
- Interest in startups, startup ecosystems and technology
- Specific skills for individual positions and overviews of placement opportunities will be posted on December 4