Job Opportunity: Master’s of Health Science Program Director, Johns Hopkins University, Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
Master’s of Health Science Program Director
Johns Hopkins University, Bloomberg School of Public Health
The Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health seeks exceptional applicants for a full-time, non-tenure track faculty position as director of its Master’s of Health Science (MHS) program. Appointment rank will be based on applicant experience.
The MHS Program Director will oversee all aspects of day-to-day administration of the department’s MHS program, which currently has ~50 enrolled students. The program is a nine-month, coursework-only master’s degree program that includes a literature review thesis requirement.
The position requires strong, independent organizational and managerial skills and the ability to interact effectively with faculty, staff and students. The program director is also expected to contribute to the educational goals of the program through development and teaching of new courses in areas of their choosing, but complimenting existing introductory courses in biochemistry, molecular biology and cell biology.
Specific duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with departmental faculty and staff to support and improve all instructional and service missions of the program, including coursework and the MHS thesis experience.
- Acquire and maintain working knowledge and understanding of all program requirements, distinctions, and complexities.
- Meet and frequently and regularly to advise enrolled students.
- Develop, in coordination with the Department Administrator and Academic Program Manager, elements of academic year planning that include enrollment projections, recruitment efforts, admissions oversight and expense budgeting.
- Oversee maintenance and development of program communications materials, including catalog, website, and other marketing content.
- Coordinate efforts with other offices in the School of Public Health, including Admissions, Student Life, and Career Services.
- Develop and teach courses designed for students in the program as well as for students in other program throughout the School of Public Health.
- PhD in biomedical sciences, science education, or a closely related field
- Teaching experience
- Preference will be given to applicants who also have experience working with and advising undergraduates or early-stage graduate students
Interested applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae, cover letter that includes statement of teaching experience and philosophy, and the names and addresses of three references to https://apply.interfolio.com/58127. Please note that to achieve efficiency of review and fairness to all applicants, we will not review incomplete applications.