Job Opportunity: Mychoice Program Manager Position, University of Chicago Biological Sciences Division, Chicago, IL
The job manages academic, research, clinical or administrative programs of the University.
1) Uses moderate/solid understanding and experience to administer the delivery of services to program participants and/or beneficiaries.,
2) Sets and communicates program priorities and performance standards and assesses operations using these criteria. Plans and conducts quality assurance reviews and recommends changes as appropriate.,
3) Analyzes program budgets and recommends or makes budgetary recommendations.,
4) Has moderate/high levels of interactions with faculty, researchers and staff for committee work or information.,
5) Performs other related work as needed.
1) Identifies seminar themes, researches and recruits panelists, and moderates panel discussions at the weekly seminar series.
2) Generates all visual media components of publicity campaigns, including a biweekly electronic bulletin, 12 career-specific listservs, and flyer design and distribution for events and application cycles.
3) Manages all event logistics, including room reservations, A/V components, and catering.
4) Tracks event attendance and administers post-event surveys.
5) Provides data content for reports related to stakeholder meetings.
6) Processes financial documents, including invoices and reimbursements.
7) Builds and maintains the myCHOICE Mentor Database & Network.
8) Coordinates site visit logistics and alumni participation in quarterly career-themed treks.
9) Assists the Director in developing divisionally-tailored programming.
10) Assists the Director and collaborators from other units to develop and expand divisional alumni networks and career outcomes tracking.
1) Excellent operational knowledge of MS Office Suite and Adobe Suite, including at minimum: Illustrator, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
2) Editing and proofreading skills.
3) Problem-solving and decision-making skills.
4) Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, and perform well under tight deadlines.
5) Exceptional interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills, including knowledge of grammar, punctuation, spelling, and style.
6) Strong creative, analytical, and organizational skills.
7) Commitment to providing a high level of service and working in a team environment.
8) High degree of professionalism.
9) Awareness of and dedication to maintaining program and university branding and quality.
10) Ability to handle confidential information with utmost discretion.
Education, Experience, and Certifications
Minimum requirements include a college or university degree in related field.Minimum requirements include knowledge and skills developed through 2-5 years of work experience in a related job discipline.
1) Graduate and postdoctoral experience in the biological or physical sciences.
2) Certification in project management, web development, visual media communications, or information systems management.
1) Experience in Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and PremierePro.
2) Proficiency in WordPress website development.
1) Cover Letter
2) Writing Sample
4) Minimum 3 references list
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application
For more information and to apply: https://uchicago.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/External/job/Hyde-Park-Campus/Program-Manager_JR07682