Assistant/Associate/Professor of Pharmacology, DCOM at LMU-Knoxville
Position Title Assistant/Associate/Professor of Pharmacology, Lincoln Memorial University DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine Knoxville (DCOM at LMU-Knoxville)
Department DCOM BASIC SCIENCES
Position Category Faculty
This Assistant/Associate/Professor of Pharmacology (DCOM at LMU-Knoxvile) shall have the primary responsibility of teaching pharmacology and shall be held accountable for the teaching obligations as it contributes to the attainment of the mission of the University, the School, and the Department.
Ph.D. in pharmacology or an appropriate discipline or equivalent professional preparation.
Two years of postdoctoral training and an excellent scholarly record.
- Promote the mission of Lincoln Memorial University to all faculty, staff, students and to the community at large
- promote effective working relationships among faculty, staff and students
- establish curriculum, subject matter and methods of instruction and those aspects of student life which relate to the medical education process
- contribute to the planning, development and evaluation of courses and academic programs within the DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine at Lincoln Memorial University-Knoxville (DCOM at LMU-Knoxville) location
- within DCOM, promote by precept and example a general atmosphere of respect for knowledge, thought and inquiry
- maintain intellectual integrity and strive for academic excellence in teaching
- promote adequate standards of linguistic expression in writing and speech
- maintain up-to-date records of the grades of each student enrolled in courses
- have in file in the appropriate office an outline and list of the goals and objectives for each lecture
- carry out lecture, seminar, small group discussion, and responsibilities effectively
- design and present a course, series of integrated lectures and/or small group discussions
- prepare examination questions as well as grade a course or portion of course
- meet classes according to published schedule
- commit to working in a multicultural environment that fosters diversity
- provide service by attending scheduled faculty meetings and by serving on appointed and or elected committees as required
- complete required institutional, program accreditation, and other reports necessary for the operation and advancement of University programs and perform other duties as assigned.
Posting Number F00245P
Job Open Date 07/31/2020
Job Close Date 09/30/2020
Open Until Filled No
About the Institution
Lincoln Memorial University is a values-based learning community dedicated to providing educational experiences in the liberal arts and professional studies. The main campus is located in Harrogate, Tennessee. For more information about employment opportunities, contact the Office of Human Resources at 423-869-7112 or email@example.com.
Lincoln Memorial University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action education institution. Lincoln Memorial University prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in all University programs and activities.
Background Check Statement
The University will conduct criminal background checks on all employees. Background checks may include but are not limited to confirmation of the individual’s identity, credit information, motor vehicle driving record, review of an individual’s criminal conviction record (if any), verification of any license, and certificate or degree required for the position.
Apply here: http://careers.lmunet.edu/postings/18443
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
Please direct questions to:
Mary Beth Babos PharmD | Chair and Professor
firstname.lastname@example.org | 4237543842
Lincoln Memorial University
Office: 423.869.7756 | Fax: 423.869.7174
6965 Cumberland Gap Parkway, Harrogate, TN 37752