Job Opportunity: Research Scientist/Senior Research Scientist – Surgery and Efficacy Study Directors, Charles River Laboratories, Mattawan, MI
Research Scientist/Senior Research Scientist – Surgery and Efficacy Study Directors
Apply here: https://jobs.criver.com/job/Mattawan-Research-ScientistSenior-Research-Scientist-Surgery-and-Efficacy-Study-Directors-MI-49071/685156300/
Req ID #: 79211
Location: Mattawan, MI, US, 49071
We are looking for an experienced Research Scientist 1/Senior Research Scientist in our Study Directors – Drug Safety Evaluation department on the Surgery and Efficacy team located at our site in Mattawan, MI.
A Research Scientist 1 – Surgery and Efficacy serving as a study director (SD) is responsible for overseeing study conduct of preclinical efficacy and/or toxicology studies within the Surgery and Efficacy product line assigned by test facility management (TFM) within safety assessment; overseeing protocols/study plans; coordinating with technical teams for execution of studies, including establishing study schedules, verifying that standard operating procedures (SOPs) are available and adhered to, overseeing data recording and reporting, and verifying that regulatory requirements/expectations are met. The individual in this role interprets preclinical toxicity studies, evaluates and prepares reports from the data collected during these studies, communicates with sponsor representatives, and initiates contact with potential clients. May be involved with development of new technologies/procedures.
A Senior Research Scientist – Surgery and Efficacy serving as a study director (SD) is additionally an established key scientist in at least one area of expertise, evaluates and prepares reports from the data collected during these studies, communicates with sponsor representatives, and initiates contact with potential clients. Required to manage departmental and procedural projects contributing to company growth (scientific and capabilities).
The following are minimum requirements related to the Research Scientist 1 position:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Toxicology or a related discipline; Master’s/PhD/PharmD/DVM/MD degree or equivalent preferred; with 2 or more years of related industry experience.
- Experience working with cardiovascular and/or renal surgical models is preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
- Success in this role requires familiarity with: study/project costs and impact of changes, local regulations and GLPs as they relate to primary area of focus, study process from proposal to report, quality assurance (QA)/quality control (QC) processes, IACUC process, the SD role in animal welfare, effective communication with veterinary staff and internal/external clients in a manner that generates confidence and builds trust, and communication with technical supervisor and Scientific Manager on issues of staffing and equipment.
- Strong communications skills, verbally and in writing at all levels inside and outside the organization.
- Basic familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Computer skills, commensurate with Essential Functions, including the ability to learn a validated system.
- Ability to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to evenings, weekends, extended shifts, and/or extra shifts; sometimes on short notice.
- Ability to work under specific time constraints.
About Safety Assessment
Charles River is committed to helping our partners expedite their preclinical drug development with exceptional safety assessment services, state-of-the-art facilities and expert regulatory guidance. From individual specialty toxicology and IND enabling studies to tailored packages and total laboratory support, our deeply experienced team can design and execute programs that anticipate challenges and avoid roadblocks for a smooth, efficient journey to market. Each year approximately 300 investigational new drug (IND) programs are conducted in our Safety Assessment facilities.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of ~85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Charles River Laboratories is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Disabled/Vet
If you are interested in applying to Charles River Laboratories and need special assistance or an accommodation due to a disability to complete any forms or to otherwise participate in the resume submission process, please contact a member of our Human Resources team by sending an e-mail message to crrecruitment_US@crl.com. This contact is for accommodation requests for individuals with disabilities only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Nearest Major Market: Kalamazoo
Job Segment: Research Scientist, Scientific, Toxicology, Biotech, Science, Engineering, Research