Job Opportunity: Scientist – Protein Chemistry, Encodia, San Diego, CA
Encodia is an emerging, early stage biotech company developing the next generation of protein analysis tools. We are currently seeking a motivated scientist to join our Core Consumables team. The qualified candidate will lead our high throughput recombinant protein screening pipeline, and develop scalable protein purification and characterization processes using various biophysical methods. Knowledge of protein bioconjugation is a plus.
- Leading the development of a high throughput recombinant protein screening and purification pipeline.
- Conducting biochemical and biophysical characterization experiments on recombinant proteins.
- Working collaboratively and cross-functionally on bioconjugation and other projects.
- Managing projects pertaining to process optimization, screening campaigns and biophysical characterization of proteins.
- Partnering and communicating results effectively to collaborators and internal customers.
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Biology, Biophysics or related field required.
- 3+ years of postdoctoral/industrial experience working with proteins.
- Hands on experience in molecular biology, protein expression, purification and characterization required.
- Hands on experience including troubleshooting standard chromatographic techniques e.g. SEC, IEX, affinity is required.
- Experience with Biacore, Octet, ITC to study protein interaction is preferred.
- Experience in biophysical characterization of proteins using DFS, DLS, MALS is preferred.
- Independent thinking and good problem-solving skills are necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a cross-functional team.
Encodia is an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers a competitive and comprehensive employee benefits package including medical, dental and vision plans, Life/AD&D and LTD insurance, 401(k) plan, paid vacation, and a stock plan. If you are passionate for next generation life science and bring your best every day and enjoy a dynamic engagement with a bright team of scientists and engineers, then Encodia is the place for you!