Job Opportunity: Research Program Manager (RPM), TESS Research Foundation, Menlo Park, CA (remote)
- Job ID: 55236831
The Research Program Manager (RPM) is responsible for overseeing all scientific research supported by TESS Research Foundation (TESS), SLC13A5 Epilepsy, a citrate transporter disorder, including research coordination, grant program oversight, community outreach, and scientific communication and cultivation. The position reports directly to the Executive Director and Scientific Advisory Board (SAB) Chair.
- Manage grant program, including: writing requests for proposals, soliciting proposals, responding to inquiries, formatting applications, managing review process, negotiating contracts, tracking progress, maintaining database of publications, updating website, and following up at mid-term and project completion
- Liaison, monitor progress, and lead integration between key TESS initiatives including but not limited to NHS, Ciitzen, Taysha etc
- Support clinicians and scientists studying SLC13A5 through administrative work, highlight compilation, grant or manuscript writing, and coordination of key personnel
- Communicate with scientific and patient communities regarding current research and opportunities to participate, including managing forum, presenting at gatherings and updating newsletters, website and/or social media with news and advancements
- Plan workshops, webinars, meetings or conferences; coordinate logistics, scheduling and participant communications, as needed
- Work well with staff and Scientific Advisory Boards to place TESS in a position of prominence in clinical and basic science research
- Identify and develop relationships with highly qualified labs and researchers who might be interested in partnership or funding opportunities.
- Write and submit proposals for presentations and workshops or symposia at professional conferences
- Attend professional conferences and strengthen relationships with NIH, FDA, and peer organizations e.g. CZI, ELC, REN, NORD, Global Genes, ISAN and others
- Be aware of current research and trends on SLC13A5 and opportunities for TESS support
- Write Research Review synopses for new publications as they come out
- Prepare periodic reports and records on program activities, progress, status or other special reports for management
- Evaluate program effectiveness to develop improved methods, processes, and efficiencies
- PhD, MD, or other post-graduate 4 year degree in the neuroscience or related field
- 2 years clinical or basic science research experience
- Experience working in a research or academic environment preferred.
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of SLC13A5, epilepsy, and/or other rare neurological disease
- Understanding of translational research and design and management of clinical studies
- Understanding of NIH rating scale, peer review, and statistics calculations
- Excellent technical computer skills, competent with Microsoft Office, Google Tools, project management software, and database software; good troubleshooting and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong written and oral communications skills, especially related to science communications; grant writing a plus
- Solid organizational and analytical skills
- Proven management of time and program plans, ability to work efficiently and independently plan time, meet deadlines, take initiative, and follow through on tasks accomplish goals
- Ability to foster a collaborative working environment, encouraging the integration of others’ ideas
- Empathy for people with rare diseases;
- Possess hustle, integrity, honesty and a sense of humor
- Part-time to full time.
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- No health benefits.
- Paid Vacation/Leave policy.
- Start immediately.
- TESS is based in Menlo Park, California; This job can be completed remotely. Min travel (4x/yr.) required pending Covid safety.
To learn more about TESS Research Foundation, go to tessresearch.org
If interested, send letter of interest, availability, salary requirements, and resume to Kim Nye: email@example.com