Genentech Graduate Student Symposium in Chemical Research
Genentech is pleased to share an exciting opportunity for outstanding 4th year Ph.D. graduate students from U.S. universities in the fields of organic synthesis, chemical biology, and computational chemistry.
Our annual Graduate Student Symposium in Chemical Research recognizes promising young scientists while highlighting career opportunities in pharmaceutical research and development.
The two-day program, scheduled for May 2021 will be hosted jointly by the departments of Discovery and Process Chemistry.
The virtual two-day event will include:
- Research award symposium, including talks from award recipients and Genentech scientists
- Keynote seminar from a leading early-career chemistry professor
- Distinguished Career Lecture from an eminent professor
- Virtual tour of the Genentech South San Francisco research laboratories
- Virtual social/networking activities
- Honorarium for award recipients
Interested 4th year graduate students from U.S. universities are encouraged to submit a CV and short (1-3 pages) research summary here.
Applications should be submitted as a single PDF document with identifying name and institution in the file description (example: “Surname-Firstname-Institution”).
Applications for 2021 must be received by December 31, 2020 for consideration.
Finalists will be contacted in January 2021 and awardees will be notified in March for the spring symposium (May, 2021). For more information, please email email@example.com.