Job Opportunity: Kavli Institute Community Building- part-time, temporary project position, The Kavli Foundation, Los Angeles, CA
This is a part time, temporary project position 20 hours/week for 3 months
To advance fundamental research in the fields of astrophysics, nanoscience, neuroscience, and theoretical physics, The Kavli Foundation has established research institutes at leading academic and research institutions around the world. Inspired by conversations with Kavli Institute leaders, our vision for the Kavli Institutes going forward is to build upon and enrich the existing value of being a Kavli Institute, which includes:
1) Building Community within the Kavli Institute Family by connecting the institute members at different levels (e.g., scientific directors, operations directors, faculty member, postdocs, graduate students) with one another, through organization of Peer Learning Groups, other meetings, and written materials (i.e., newsletter).
2) Catalyzing Collaborations between Kavli Institutes by organizing and hosting inter-Kavli Institute meetings and seeding promising pilot programs that advance science or new approaches to science.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Coordination of Kavli Institute Peer Learning Groups
• Serve as a point-of-contact and help schedule group meetings, develop meeting agenda, and maintain content for the groups.
• Conduct background research on Kavli Institutes and host universities to inform program strategy. This could include assisting in assessment and monitoring of the Kavli Institute program.
• Survey university/institute digital and written material
• Participate in conference calls and other events where relevant information is presented
• Draft written materials, including reports of information gathered and meeting minutes
• Organize, or help to organize, other scientific meetings for the Kavli Institutes to seed pilot programs
• Produce outputs for public dissemination
• Developing and preparing a newsletter for the Kavli Institute Community
• Assist in planning and organizing a series of meetings of the Kavli Institutes
• Master’s or PhD in STEM field
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Project management experience highly preferred
• Ability to synthesize and analyze information
• Ability to work as a member of teams consisting of both internal and external stakeholders
• Detail oriented, must be able to effectively multi-task and have strong follow through and execution skills
For more information, see attached flyer