Job Opportunity: Assistant Professor of Biology – Microbiology or Plant Physiology (3 positions), Department of Biological Sciences, Tennessee State University, Nashville, TN
The Department of Biological Sciences at Tennessee State University, a public Historically Black College and University (HBCU) located in Nashville, Tennessee, seeks applicants for three tenure-track positions at the rank of Assistant Professor to begin August 2021. Special consideration will be given to candidates with expertise in Microbiology (two positions) or Plant Physiology (one position). Candidates must demonstrate the potential for excellence in engaging students through teaching, undergraduate research and mentoring graduate students. In addition, candidates must demonstrate a record of, or potential for, developing a program of high-quality scholarly activity and service. We seek applicants with evidence of potential for excellence in teaching at the university level, outstanding research potential, and a commitment to department service.
All Candidates must:
- Demonstrate oral proficiency in the English language.
- Demonstrate excellence in teaching at the university level.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Have proficiency in the use of technology and the online environment.
- Contribute to academic program development.
- Write grant proposals and secure funds from federal, state and/or private agencies.
- Conduct high quality research in Biology and publish in peer-reviewed journals.
- Involve undergraduate students in research activities.
- Mentor graduate students.
- Assist students with placement in summer research internships
- Assist students with admissions to graduate or professional schools.
- Assist students with employment opportunities and placement.
- Recruit undergraduate and graduate students.
- Perform other duties assigned by the department/college such as serving on various departmental and university-wide committees
- Advise students
- PhD in Biology with expertise in Microbiology or Plant Physiology.
- Must have at least one (1) year of Postdoctoral experience.
How to apply
Application is open until March 31, 2021. To apply, go to Tennessee State University employment website (https://jobs.tnstate.edu/applicants/jsp/shared/frameset/Frameset.jsp?time=1611957139953), and search for microbiology or plant physiology faculty positions. Questions can be directed to Dr. Xiaofei Wang, email@example.com.