Job Opportunity: Assistant/Associate/Professor of Physiology, DCOM, Lincoln Memorial University, Harrogate, TN
Required QualificationsPh.D. in physiology or closely related field
Preferred QualificationsPostdoctoral training and an excellent scholarly record. Academic rank will be commensurate with training and experience.
Posting Number: F00360P
Job Open Date: 03/03/2021
Job Close Date: 05/03/2021
Open Until Filled: No
About the InstitutionLincoln Memorial University is a values-based learning community dedicated to providing educational experiences in the liberal arts and professional studies. The main campus is located in Harrogate, Tennessee. For more information about employment opportunities, contact the Office of Human Resources at 423-869-7112 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
AA/EEO StatementLincoln Memorial University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action education institution. Lincoln Memorial University prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in all University programs and activities.
Background Check StatementThe University will conduct criminal background checks on all employees. Background checks may include but are not limited to confirmation of the individual’s identity, credit information, motor vehicle driving record, review of an individual’s criminal conviction record (if any), verification of any license, and certificate or degree required for the position.
- Promote the mission of Lincoln Memorial University to all faculty, staff, students and to the community at large
- promote effective working relationships among faculty, staff and students
- contribute to the planning, development and evaluation of courses and academic programs within the DCOM at Harrogate location
- promote by precept and example a general atmosphere within the DCOM of respect for knowledge, thought and inquiry
- maintain intellectual integrity and to strive for academic excellence in teaching
- promote adequate standards of linguistic expression in writing and speech
- have on file in the appropriate office an outline and list of the goals and objectives for each lecture
- carry out lecture, seminar, small group discussion, and responsibilities effectively
- help present a course and/or small group discussions
- prepare examination questions
- meet classes according to published schedule
- serve as an active member of the department, working closely with the department head to further the department and College mission and vision
- commit to working in a multicultural environment that fosters diversity
- serve as an example to learners and colleagues of appropriate professional behavior
- serve as mentor to medical and other students
- provide service by attending scheduled faculty meetings and by serving on appointed and or elected committees as required
- complete required institutional, program accreditation, and other reports necessary for the operation and advancement of University programs
- perform other duties as assigned.