ASPIRE Internship: Nashville Biosciences, Business Development Intern, Nashville, TN (remote)
ASPIRE Internship Opportunity:
Nashville Biosciences (NashBio)
Business Development Intern
2525 West End Ave.
Nashville, TN 37203
Seeking business-minded graduate students and post-docs for part-time internship in business development at an exciting Nashville biotech startup
About Nashville Biosciences (NashBio):
NashBio’s business harnesses a unique genetic database linked to de-identified electronic medical records (EMRs) with years of longitudinal clinical data. The dataset is the largest and highest quality of its kind, providing an unprecedented opportunity to glean valuable clinical & genomic insights to accelerate the discovery & development of new drugs & diagnostics. The business consults for a wide range of biopharma and diagnostics companies, resulting in accelerated and more productive R&D. Additionally, additional new biotech spinout ventures will be formed from the proprietary R&D conducted using this dataset.
NashBio is seeking business-minded students to join a growing team of fast-paced and forward-thinking innovators for a summer Business Development internship. Interested candidates are motivated self-starters who would thrive in the rapidly changing and challenging environment of a startup. In this role, you will work closely with the Chief Business Officer to develop consulting and analytic service opportunities for NashBio with pharmaceutical, diagnostic and other life science companies. Central to this work will be an ability to think in a logical, structured fashion, work effectively in a highly collaborative environment and effectively communicate with potential clients and the rest of the NashBio team.
- Engage new and existing pharmaceutical, biotech, diagnostics and life science companies to promote our offerings
- Research potential clients, create proposal materials and assess project feasibility within the BD team, and also in liaison with other scientific members of the NashBio team
- Develop competitive intelligence capabilities to monitor known and emerging competitors in our market and identify new areas of opportunity for NashBio
- Currently enrolled in a post-graduate or post-doctoral program
- Strong analytical capabilities: highly proficient in Excel and financial modeling
- Creativity in terms of seeking out and utilizing a wide variety of information sources to profile potential clients and competitors
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Previous business development experience in pharma or the life sciences is a plus
- Strong grasp of the current biotech sector and familiarity with industry players is a plus
- Understanding of biology and genetics especially as they relate to human disease processes, pharmacology, signaling pathways, etc. is a plus
- Authorized to work in the US
- Startup mindset – willingness to grow, adapt quickly, and take on new roles as the needs of the company change
- Collaborator – very comfortable working within multi-disciplinary teams across multiple simultaneous projects
- Business-minded – oriented towards client needs and delivery of actionable insights while being conscious of time and resource constraints
- Curious – interested in digging deep into non-intuitive findings to extract meaning, while remaining focused on the question at hand
The position will be remote
Commensurate with experience & competitive with other positions in the field.
We are an exciting biotech startup that is fundamentally changing drug discovery & development processes in biopharma. We are a spinout from Vanderbilt University Medical Center and are the only company of its kind that leverages years of rich longitudinal clinical data and genomic information of hundreds of thousands of individuals to address pressing R&D questions for our clients in the biopharmaceutical and diagnostics industries. We leverage this massive databank, along with unique computational methods developed at VUMC, to offer a range of precision medicine services to biopharma.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status.
- Internship will run June 2021 – August 2021, with the opportunity to extend pending review.
- Internship will be conducted remotely due to Covid precautions.
- Internship is paid, part-time (8-10 hours per week during normal business hours)
Applications due Noon, Tuesday, May 18, 2021
- Fill out the following ASPIRE Internship Application found here: (https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NashBio_BD_Sp2021)
- Submit a resume and cover letter to Ashley Brady at email@example.com (Please submit documents as pdfs with your last name_NashBio_Bus Dev_Sp2021 in the file name and with subject line: ASPIRE Internship: NashBio Bus Dev)
- Set up a zoom meeting with Ashley Brady via https://calendly.com/ashley-brady prior to the application deadline.
Your information will then be passed along to the organization who will contact you directly to schedule an interview.
For further questions, please contact Ashley Brady (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Applicants must be a current Vanderbilt University PhD student or a current postdoctoral fellow.
- All PhD students must have completed all coursework for their degree prior to the start of the internship.
- Biomedical PhD students must also have passed their qualifying exams before the application deadline.
- Students and postdocs may not participate in more than one internship at a time. More than one application may be submitted at a single time, but only one position can be accepted.
- If you are not in a department supported by the BRET office, we will also require that you complete a form guaranteeing PI approval to participate in this program. Please contact Ashley Brady at email@example.com for more information.
- If you are an international student or postdoctoral fellow, your visa status may affect your work eligibility. Please contact Ashley Brady (firstname.lastname@example.org) to discuss this further.
- Must be authorized to work in the US