Job Opportunity: Biopharma Analyst, BioCentury, Inc., Redwood City, CA (remote)
Job Title: Biopharma Analyst
see flyer: Biopharma-analyst-BioCentury.docx-sm-6-18-2021
Reports to: Executive Editor
BioCentury, a global business intelligence company serving the biopharmaceutical industry and investors, is
seeking a Biopharma Analyst to create written content analyzing trends, breakthroughs and opportunities
related to drug development and the biopharma industry.
1235 Radio Road, Ste. 100
Redwood City, CA 94065
KEY JOB OBJECTIVE
The analyst will work within the Editorial group to create value-add intelligence on critical topics in drug
development, including, for example, biological targets and pathways, clinical results and regulatory
designations, as well as public and private financing, M&A and deal activity, and global policy issues relevant
to biopharma companies. Analysts are expected to develop original points of view, build deep and extensive
networks of sources, carry out research topics, and pitch proposals for analysis pertinent to our audience’s
• Write analytical content, generally ranging from 250 to 2,500 words, as the need requires, related to
one or more of the following areas:
o Innovation in drug development, from new science to clinical trials
o Regulatory science and policy changes
o Reimbursement and market access
o Finance, partnering deals, M&A and cross-border transactions
o Geopolitical developments affecting trade, IP, drug pricing and other factors
o Global biotech ecosystems and emerging hot spots
• Develop data-driven content, use data to supplement and inform articles, and work with data analysts
to define the scope and source of data for each purpose
• Work with editors to map our content calendar, develop story ideas and grow editorial expertise in
emerging areas of relevance to the biopharma industry
• Represent the company at BioCentury and other conferences, contributing as needed to
development, speaker selection or recruitment, and moderation of panels or fireside chats.
• Advanced degree or equivalent experience in biomedical science, finance or business analytics
• Experience generating original content, via reports or articles, for a knowledgeable commercial
• Ability to develop a network of contacts among opinion leaders, innovators and other experts
• Experience integrating, analyzing and presenting data from complex databases an advantage
• Familiarity with sources such as ClinicalTrials.gov, EDGAR, Orange Book, Red Book, PACER or PubMed is an advantage
This is a full-time position located in the U.S. The Company’s main office is in Redwood City, Calif., but working from a home office is possible. The position requires working across multiple time zones with stakeholders or staff throughout the U.S., Europe and Asia.
Finally, all BioCentury employees are obligated to meet the highest standards with respect to accuracy, conflict of interest, intellectual property rights, slander, confidentiality and respect for information sources and our audience.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
• Salary commensurate with experience
• Company-sponsored U.S. health and life insurance
• 401(k) plan
For 27 years, BioCentury has helped C-level biotech executives make business-critical decisions by providing independent deep-dive analysis, high-quality data, and business intelligence on a global scale. We report on and dissect trends before others, helping to better position our customers for change and to capitalize on that change before the competition. No matter where our customers are in the drug development process — from idea to patient — we help answer critical questions, decipher strategic trends, objectively evaluate product and business strategies, and assess competitive, financial, and policy risks.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications with no cover letter will not be considered.