Job Opportunity: Postdoc Program at Genentech, Postdoc Hiring Initiative (PHI): Open Call for Postdocs, San Francisco, CA
Genentech’s world-class biomedical research organization is launching an open call for our postdoc program aimed at identifying top scientific talent, independent of a specific job posting for a given Genentech scientist’s lab. Applicants are provided the freedom to select three potential Genentech postdoc mentors that they are most interested in working with in order to propel the next stage of their scientific career.
Our existing postdoc hiring process will also continue, wherein students can apply for specific openings, however this new approach enables students to apply for a postdoc position in any Genentech postdoc mentor’s lab. Applications for the “Postdoc Hiring Initiative (PHI): Open Call for Postdocs” are due by Friday July 30, 2021 at 5:30pm (PDT). We plan to offer this type of postdoc opportunity during a limited timeframe on an annual basis.
Please help us spread the word by to senior graduate students and recently minted graduate students who might be interested in our postdoc program, especially those from historically underrepresented groups.
- Recent or pending PhD, MD/PhD, MD graduate in a relevant field of science.
- Graduate student applicants should be within 12 months of completing their degree
- Applicants who have completed their degree within the past 3 years are also eligible
- At least one first-author research publication in a peer-reviewed scientific journal or currently in press
- A demonstrated ability to think critically, work independently, and solve complex problems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills
Submitted CV to include:
- Previous research, educational and other relevant experiences
- Full publication list, including “in-press” and recently submitted papers
- Contact information for three professional references
Cover Letter (1000 words max) to address the following:
- Personal statement of your background and interests (400 words)
- Identify three Genentech postdoc mentors that you are interested in doing research with and why (200 words).
- Brief description of a potential project, set of scientific questions or experiments that you would be excited to pursue at Genentech (200 words)
- Tell us about a time when you overcame a challenging obstacle in science, career or life; and what you did to address it (200 words)
How to Apply
Applications are due on Friday July 30, 2021 at 5:30pm (PDT).
We will be hosting an informational webinar on Wednesday July 7, 2021 at 9:00am (PDT) to answer any questions you may have about this initiative. To register for this webinar please go to: https://go.gene.com/2021WebinarPHI
Please direct all questions to: email@example.com