TikTok University: Can TikTok be a Tool for Students and Teachers?
Webinar, September 30th, 3:00-4:30pm Pacific Time
Why might a student or teacher become a TikTok creator? What are the opportunities and risks – professional and personal – of TikTok for grad students, postdocs, professors, and others in higher education? Academics, who have been using Twitter, Facebook, and academia.edu for year, are now increasingly using TikTok for professional purposes. What have they found to be best practices for using the TikTok platform to promote learning and knowledge?
Join a diverse panel of academic TikTok creators as they share their advice on:
- How to understand the TikTok platform
- How to help colleagues, students, and the general public via TikTok
- How TikTok might help (or harm) an academic career
- How to avoid common creator mistakes
- How to deal with inherent risks of the TikTok platform
- How to manage your professional reputation on social media
- How to decide whether using TikTok is right for you
- Alyce Mayfosh (@dr.fosh)
- Alina Scott (@herstorian)
- Nellie Tran (@drnellie)
- Christopher Rea (@christophergrea)
- Tom Mullaney (@firstgenprofessor)
This independent online event is not sponsored or endorsed by TikTok.
EVENT DETAILS AND REGISTRATION
$15 general, $7.50 students, $0 first-gen