CHOP Gateway to Pediatric Research Program
A Postdoctoral Diversity Initiative
Part I: November 17, 2021 and Part II: Spring 2022
Virtual Event via BlueJeans
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) is pleased to announce the upcoming Gateway to Pediatric Research Program, taking place virtually on November 17, 2021, and spring 2022.
The goal of this event is to introduce CHOP research to promising senior graduate students and junior postdoctoral fellows from different backgrounds, races, ethnic groups, life experiences, research experiences and employment backgrounds.
- An introduction to a world class pediatric research hospital, including its many research programs, training opportunities, and campus life
- The opportunity to make meaningful connections with CHOP/Penn faculty, potentially leading to a postdoctoral position at Children’s Hospital
- An introduction to the institutionally funded Postdoctoral Fellowships for Academic Diversity and the CHOP Gateway Relocation Award
RELOCATION AWARDS AVAILABLE
Graduate students and postdoc candidates that successfully match with CHOP faculty members during this program will be eligible to apply for up to $2,000 in funds to relocate to the Philadelphia area when starting their position.
KEY PROGRAM ELEMENTS
- View keynote research talks from esteemed CHOP/University of Pennsylvania faculty
- Connect with CHOP faculty in brief 1:1 chats
- Present your research to peers and faculty and receive constructive feedback (optional)
- Hear from current CHOP postdocs, including our postdoc-driven CHOP Postdoc Alliance, about life and research in Philly and on the CHOP/University of Pennsylvania campus
- Learn how to apply for relocation awards and postdoctoral training fellowships
For more information about the program and how to apply, visit the program website at https://www.research.chop.edu/events/chop-gateway-to-pediatric-research-program-0