Job Opportunity: Scientist, Discovery Immunology, Janssen – Cambridge, MA
Location: Cambridge, MA
Link to apply: https://jobs.jnj.com/jobs/2206011148W?lang=en-us&previousLocale=en-US
As Immunology Leaders, we know immunology is vital to human health. Driven by a relentless focus on patient unmet needs, we will redefine treatments for immune diseases by delivering transformational and accessible therapies and regimens to patients with immune-mediated disease. For more than two decades we have been a world leader in the development of transformational medicines, establishing one of the strongest, first-in-class portfolios and pipelines in the industry, including the first tumor necrosis factor (TNF) inhibitor, and first interleukin (IL)-12 and IL-23 inhibitors. We tirelessly push the boundaries of science and creativity, applying our deep disease insights, novel pathway science, new technologies, and treatment modalities to restore immune homeostasis.
Janssen Research & Development, LLC. discovers and develops innovative medical solutions to address important unmet medical needs in the following therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, infectious diseases & vaccines, cardiovascular & metabolism, and pulmonary hypertension. Please visit http://www.JanssenRnD.com for more information.
We are Janssen. Our mission drives us. Our patients inspire us. We collaborate with the world for the health of everyone in it. We are guided by our Credo.
We are seeking a Scientist within the Innate Immunity group with a proven track record in innate immune biology research and drug discovery.
- Define strategy to support molecule triage and lead in vitro assay development for preclinical drug discovery programs.
- Actively engage in early discovery efforts by designing and executing experiments to support Janssen Immunology discovery strategy
- Interact with key partners including Discovery leaders, the Immunology TA and partner organizations including Biologics/Small molecule Research and Development groups to delivery clinical candidates
- Develop and advance platform technologies, such as CRISPR, Mass Cytometry or single cell RNAseq to support exploratory initiatives
- Represent the company at meetings and to potential collaborators
- Lab activities will be ~75% time
- Ph.D. in Immunology, cell biology, or other closely-related field with at least 1-3 years of research experience or Master Degree with at least 6 years of research experience is required
- Experience with human primary cells and human primary cell-based assays is required
- Experience with immunoassays is preferred
- Ability to design, execute, analyze, and accurately document laboratory experiments is required
- Strong written and oral communication skills to diverse audiences including scientific colleagues and leadership and an ability to provide fit-for-purpose communication in the context of a multidisciplinary team are required.
- Proven ability to work well in a quick paced, highly matrixed, interactive environment is vital.
- Demonstrated experience in immune cell characterization by multicolor flow cytometry (5+ colors) is required.
- Hands-on experience in cell sorting is preferred
- Experience running ELISA and MSD assays and gene expression analysis is required.
- Experience in platform technologies such as CRISPR, Mass Cytometry or single cell RNAseq is preferred.
- This position is located in Cambridge, MA and may require minimal (<10%) travel