Job Opportunity: Scientific Communications & Outreach Officer, The Earlham Institute – Norwich, UK
Title: Scientific Communications & Outreach Officer
Location: Norwich, UK
The Earlham Institute (EI) is a research institute focused on exploring living systems by applying computational science and biotechnology to answer ambitious biological questions and generate enabling resources.
Playing a central role in creating engaging content about the Institute’s activities and coordinating our programme of public engagement, the Scientific Communications & Outreach Officer works to bring our science to life.
Based in a busy and friendly team, and reporting to the Head of Communications, the successful candidate will plan, write, and publish articles about the Institute’s work, as well as ensuring our outreach activity delivers a two-way dialogue between researchers and participants. The successful candidate will need to plan new content, write excitedly about our science and other activities, identify outreach opportunities, and forge relationships with our research community.
The ideal candidate:
Ideal candidates will have a track record of scientific storytelling and a portfolio of articles on relevant topics. You’ll have a solid understanding of the life sciences and the research environment, with an eagerness to bring this to life for a range of different audiences. As a proactive and creative individual, you’ll work with everyone in the Institute to help ensure our external relations are on message and enhance our reputation.
- Salary on appointment will be within the range £32,578 to £39,938 per annum depending on qualifications and experience. This is a full-time post offered on an indefinite basis.
- Applications from those seeking part-time or flexible working arrangements are welcomed.
- Interviews will be held on 24 and 25 March 2022.
- Please note, this post does not meet UKVI requirements to provide Skilled Worker visa sponsorship.
- As a Disability Confident employer, we guarantee to offer an interview to all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria for this vacancy.
- The closing date for applications will be 13th March 2022.