Job Opportunity: Senior Scientist – Cell Therapy, AstraZeneca, Gaithersburg, MD
Title: Senior Scientist – Cell Therapy
Location: Gaithersburg, MD
AstraZeneca’s Oncology R&D Drug Discovery group is building its Cell Therapy team in Gaithersburg, MD. We are seeking Scientist who possess:
- Strong scientific expertise in T cell biology, cellular therapy and extensive knowledge in the mechanisms that regulate CAR-T cell functions.
- The skills to design and conduct laboratory projects/experiments, develop methods, generate, and interpret and report on scientific data.
- A PhD in Immunology or related field with relevant experience in industry or academia and a significant publication record.
- Conducts hands-on primary immune cell culturing, immune functional assays, and in vivo experiments.
- Contributes to the experiments plans and designs, independent data analysis and interpretations.
- Supports a team and works collaboratively with project managers to ensure the efficient relay of information and forward translation of data.
- Maintains a well-developed understanding of approaches to drug discovery and applies a broader functional knowledge of the procedures used by diverse project groups to support the department where needed.
- Assesses and reports data, with little or no guidance, in a clear and concise manner, with a clear understanding of its implications within the overall context of drug discovery.
- Provides technical instruction to the team and allocates administrative work where possible
- Shares relevant external published papers with peers.
- Communicates and shares information between distinct projects within the bioscience function and across other functions.
- Ensures own work, and work of peers, is compliant with Good Laboratory Practice, Safety, Health and Environment standards and all other relevant internal AstraZeneca standards and external regulations.
- PhD in Immunology or equivalent and/or professional certifications in immunology or T cell biology.
- 3+ years of experience in cell therapy
- Proficiency in cell culture of established cell lines and primary immune cells.
- Hands-on expertise in T-cell functional characterization assays as in vitro cytotoxicity, proliferation, cytokine measurement.
- Well-developed understanding and expertise in molecular and cellular biology of immune cells, design and performing functional assays, cell transfection/ transduction.
- Proficiency with multi-parameter flow cytometry (Immunostaining, acquisition, and analysis).
Deadline: March 14, 2022