Job Opportunity: Senior Immunologist, Research and Development, Vaccitech – Baltimore, MD
Title: Senior Immunologist, Research and Development
Location: Baltimore, MD
Vaccitech is a clinical-stage biotechnology company developing vaccines and immunotherapies for cancer, autoimmune and infectious diseases. Vaccitech recently established operations in Maryland following the acquisition of Baltimore-based Avidea Technologies. Vaccitech is now seeking applications from highly motivated individuals with experience in immunology to join our growing team in Maryland.
About the position
This position will be responsible for advancing the preclinical development of immunotherapies based on our proprietary nanotechnologies as part of a multi-disciplinary team of chemists, immunologists, and engineers. The primary focus will be on harnessing T cells for the treatment of cancer and autoimmune diseases. The role will be primarily laboratory-based, but there will be opportunities for planning, presentation, and strategy with acquired experience.
Key responsibilities include
- Design research studies in animal models to identify lead products for advancement to clinical trials
- Interface with the Chemistry team to set priorities for synthesis and testing of candidate immunotherapies
- Perform preclinical studies to include coordinating work at CROs, processing of tissue, flow cytometry staining, ELISAs, data acquisition
- Analyze acquired data, synthesize findings, and recommend next steps in regular written and oral presentations
Essential knowledge, experience, and skills
- PhD or comparable experience in Immunology or related discipline, preferably in vaccines / immunotherapies or adaptive immune responses (T cell and B cell)
- At least 5 years of lab experience in the design and conduct of immunological assays, including: o Preparation of immune cells from animal or human tissues and cell cultures
- o Flow cytometry (staining, collection, and analysis)
- o ELISAs, ELISpot, and microscopy techniques (preferred)
- The ability to work collaboratively in a dynamic team environment
- Experience using SOPs and operating under quality systems (preferred)
- Proficiency in data management, analysis, presentation
- Experience publishing scientific papers and assembling reports
- Salary commensurate with experience ($85,000–125,000)
- Additional benefits include employer-funded health, dental and vision insurance; 401k retirement plan; career development opportunities, and paid time off (PTO).
Application procedure and timeline:
- Applicants should submit a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Senior (PhD-level) Immunologist”
- Please use your cover letter to highlight prior immunology lab experience.
- Interviews will occur on a rolling basis and employment can begin as soon as possible