Equity Research Associate, Biotechnology, Raymond James, New York City.
We are looking to add to our NYC based Raymond James Biotech Equity Research team! We like to produce dynamic academically-focused research utilizing differentiated approaches across our Neurology, Hematology, and Autoimmune SMID cap coverage (with a bit of gene therapy mixed in) under the direction of Danielle Brill. We are looking for someone with a background in biological science and a passion for staying up to date with industry news, the financial markets, and disruptive drug modalities. If this sounds interesting or if you have any questions about the position, send me a message or email with your resume. And please forward to anyone who might be interested!
This individual will become a member of a highly active biotechnology research team. The position will focus on maintaining coverage of existing biotech stocks, as well as assisting in the expansion of new coverage. The role includes collecting, organizing and analyzing data, preparing investment-related research reports, building/maintaining financial models.
• Build, update and maintain company financial models
• Monitor and respond to market, medical and scientific news affecting research coverage universe
• Analyze and collect data related to specific therapeutic agents and development candidates, including scientific papers, clinical data, and prescription trends across various disease areas
• Interview company executives and/or medical/industry consultants to develop insights into novel and emerging trends
• Develop, draft, and edit research reports and notes related to covered companies, biotechnology sector and market trends for distribution to the internal sales force and institutional clients
Raymond James Guiding Behaviors
At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to deliver on the firm’s core values of client-first, integrity, independence and a conservative, long-term view.
We Expect Our Associates At All Levels To
• Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
• Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
• Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in mind
• Take ownership and hold themselves and others accountable for delivering results that matter
• Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm
Primary Location: US-NY-New York-New York City
Organization: Equity Research
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
• Strong academic background. Experience in life-science related field a plus. Preference for candidates with an undergraduate or MS degree in Finance/Accounting, and/or life sciences degree.
• Familiarity/knowledge of the biotechnology industry including clinical development and regulatory pathways, business development and commercialization
• Strong team player willing to work in collaborative environment with passion for the biotech industry and the financial markets, and a willingness to learn
• Excellent written and verbal skills to convey complex information to a range of stakeholders from varying backgrounds
• Strong quantitative, financial modeling, analytical and Excel skills sufficient to assist in developing corporate financial projections and equity valuation metrics;
• Acute attention to detail, ability to multi-task and manage tight deadlines
• NASD Series 7, Series 63/66, 86, 87 licenses required, or willingness to obtain.