Job Opportunity: Interdisciplinary Scientist
This position is located in the Department of Health and Human Services, Office of the Secretary of Health and Human Services, Office of Biomedical Advanced Research and Development Authority, located in Anywhere in the U.S. (remote job).
- Serves as the Contracting Officer Technical Representative (COTR)/Project Officer (PO), advisor, and point of contact reporting to the Division Director and the Chief within their branches on all critical aspect of CBRN, Influenza (IN) and/or emerging Infectious Diseases (EID) projects.
- Serves as COTR/PO and is responsible primarily for program support, program management, administration and evaluation of advanced development and acquisition of particular medical countermeasures as assigned by senior leadership of BARDA.
- Analyzes the expected impact of scientific and technical developments and contemplated budget revisions, program adjustments, economic trends, or directives from senior leadership upon the assigned project.
- Provides scientific, technical and program management oversight over comprehensive advanced medical countermeasure development (manufacturing, testing, clinical, and non-clinical, regulatory, and quality aspects) programs for cost, schedule and performance.
- Performs a full range of contract administration on all contracts to include post-award orientation conferences, negotiation and issuance of supplemental agreements.
- Manages special crosscutting initiatives and task force groups to accomplish goals.
- Attends scientific and medical meeting to provide advise and obtain information on CBRN, IN, and/or EID medical countermeasure research and development in order to set program capabilities and limitations.
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizenship required
- Registered or exempt from Selective Service (www.sss.gov)
- If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant’s successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication.
- One year probationary period may be required
- If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS “E-Verify” System.
- All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choice.
- Financial disclosure statement may be required.
- Bargaining Unit Position: No
- Drug Screening Required: No
- Research Position: No
Applicants must demonstrate that they meet the Basic AND Specialized Experience requirements as noted below.
Basic Requirement for the GS-0401, Biologist: You must meet one of the items listed below (A or B):
A. You must possess a bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited college or university in biological sciences, agriculture, natural resource management, chemistry, or related disciplines appropriate to the position. (Must provide transcripts)
B. Combination of education and experience: Courses equivalent to a major, as shown in response A above, plus appropriate experience or additional education. (Must submit transcript.)
GS-13: You must possess at least one year of specialized experience equivalent in difficulty and responsibility to the GS-12 level in the Federal service (obtained in either the public or private sectors) performing (4) of the (5) duties listed below:
Developing research and development strategies for medical countermeasures as evidenced by industrial and/or academic research;
Monitoring contractor work and/or performance;
Reviewing acquisition materials such as statements of work, cost estimates, or other documentation;
Communicating with internal and external stakeholders via written or oral communication;
Monitoring program and/or project performance.