The Mirzayan Fellowship Program Office is pleased to announce that the National Academies is accepting applications for the January 2015 session of the Christine Mirzayan Science and Technology Policy Graduate Fellowship Program.
The online application is available at:
We encourage you to share this information with qualified individuals.
The Christine Mirzayan Science & Technology Policy Graduate Fellowship Program is designed to engage early career individuals in the analytical processes that inform U.S. science and technology policy. Fellows obtain the essential skills and knowledge needed to work in science and technology policy at the federal, state, or local levels. Fellows spend 12 weeks at the National Academies in Washington, DC learning about science and technology policy and the role that scientists and engineers play in advising the nation. Each year, applicants from around the world become part of a National Academies committee, board, or unit. Each fellow is assigned to a senior staff member who acts as his or her mentor. The mentor provides guidance and ensures that the fellow’s time is focused on substantive projects and activities within the fellow’s assigned unit. An immersive experience, the program is designed to broaden fellows’ appreciation of employment opportunities outside academia and leave them with both a firm grasp of the important and dynamic role of science and technology in decision-making and a better understanding of the role that they can play in strengthening the science and technology enterprise for the betterment of mankind.
General fellowship information may be found below. Additional information may be found at:
- Application Deadline: Applications are due September 1, 2014.
- Selection of Candidates: Successful applicants will be notified in late October 2014.
- Class Size: The session can accommodate up to 26 individuals.
- Stipend: The stipend for the fellowship period is $8500.
- Term: The fellowship term is 12 weeks. The January 2015 session will commence on January 20, 2015 and end on April 10, 2015.
- Fellows’ Orientation: Mandatory program orientation will be conducted from Tuesday, January 20 to Friday, 23, 2015.
Mirzayan S&T Policy Graduate Fellowship Program
The National Academies
500 Fifth Street, NW
Washington, DC 20001