Life Sciences Intern
5635 Fishes Lane, Suite 510
Rockville, MD 20852
Elsevier is the world's leading provider of scientific, technical and medical (STM) information, tools and resources. A global company based in Amsterdam, Elsevier partners with scientists, researchers, healthcare providers, educators and decision-makers in academic institutions, governments and corporations to help them make better decisions, deliver better care, and make groundbreaking discoveries in science, health, and technology.
We are currently seeking an energetic, highly motivated, full-time intern enrolled in a graduate or post-graduate program in biomedical science, engineering, computer science, informatics or related field. At Elsevier, you will work in an open and truly global, dynamic and challenging environment, witness and actively contribute to the development of valuable scientific, technical and medical (STM) solutions, develop and refine communication skills with cross-functional teams, gain business acumen, and delve into the exciting and highly-marketable world of text analytics. Apply your academic research skills in the workplace!
About the Internship:
The Corporate R&D Solutions division at Elsevier has an exciting internship opportunity available to support life science text analytics solutions. Several internship projects are available depending on the experience/skills and interests of the successful candidate.
See attached document for more details.
To apply: Applications due by
midnight Sunday, June 12, 2016 Extended to 12:00 noon Tuesday, June 14th!!
Your information will then be passed along to the company who will contact you directly to schedule an interview.
Please review ASPIRE Internship FAQs: Found here
For further questions, please contact Ashley Brady (email@example.com).
ASPIRE Internship eligibility requirements:
- Applicants must be a current Vanderbilt University PhD student or a current postdoctoral fellow.
- All PhD students must have completed all coursework for their degree prior to July 2016.
- Biomedical PhD students must also have passed their qualifying exams before the application deadline.
- If you are not in a department supported by the BRET office, we will also require that you complete a form guaranteeing PI approval to participate in this program. Please contact Ashley Brady at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- If you are an international student or postdoctoral fellow, your visa status may affect your work eligibility. Please contact Ashley Brady to discuss this further.