ASPIRE Internship Opportunity:
SyBBURE Searle Undergraduate Research Program
Vanderbilt University Campus
The SyBBURE Searle Undergraduate Research Program (sybbure.org) supports the year-round research of a diverse group of students and provides a culture of creativity, innovation, and teamwork that serves to incubate the minds of the next generation of scientists, engineers, researchers, and inventors.
Positions are available for graduate students and post-doctoral fellows to serve in the role of Scientific Advisor to undergraduate researchers in the SyBBURE Searle program. The time commitment for this role is approximately four hours per week and compensation is provided. While we will consider individuals from all areas, we have a particular need for individuals with knowledge in synthetic biology, genetics, computational modeling, computer science, and diagnostics.
ASPIRE Internship Eligibility Requirements
- Applicants must be a current Vanderbilt University PhD student or a current postdoctoral fellow.
- All PhD students must have completed all coursework for their degree prior to the January2016 semester.
- Biomedical PhD students must also have passed their qualifying exams before the application deadline.
- If you are an international student or postdoctoral fellow, your visa status may affect your work eligibility. Please contact Ashley Brady (email@example.com) to discuss this further.
- We encourage all applicants to maintain open communication with your research advisor and discuss any significant time away from the lab in advance of interviewing and accepting this internship position. Faculty are aware of ASPIRE program activities, but our office will not be notifying your faculty advisor about your application or participation.
For more details on this opportunity, please click here.
To apply or to learn more, please contact:
Christina C. Marasco, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of the Practice, Biomedical Engineering
Director, SyBBURE Searle Undergraduate Research Experience
Deputy Director of Education, Professional Development and Innovation, VIIBRE Vanderbilt University