The Atlanta BEST Magazine came out with its first Issue in August 2013. This magazine, for the most part, is run by trainees in the Atlanta BEST program and other BEST institutions. Contributing writers and inspiration come from firsthand Atlanta BEST program experiences, the nationwide consortium of BEST institutions, and engaged people who have messages to share with those working toward strengthening the biomedical workforce.
If you are interested in contributing, please contact Rebecca Lenzi and Dena Procaccini.
Deadline is June 1, will be published in July
- Anyone involved in BEST is welcome to write something
- Articles can be half a page to two pages
- Topics are generally around reflections of participation in BEST activities or sage advice
Ideas for stories…
- What does it mean to me to participate in BEST?
- What I wish I knew when I started my PhD
- What is the hardest part of career exploration?
- If I could give advice to a first year student, what would it would be?
- What is one mental health strategy that helps keep your sanity when things get tough?
- If I could have super power in my career development, what would it be?
- What massages do I keep hearing over and over again?
- If I could do grad school over again, what would I do differently?
- What is one under-used campus resource more people should take advantage of?
- Why is it that my dissertation defense was so anti-climatic?
- Did you get a job? Tell us about how you found it, got the interview and where you are going!