BIOTECH HEDGE FUND FELLOWSHIP
CHAMBERS POINT CAPITAL, NEW YORK, NEW YORK
Chambers Point Capital, LP is a life-sciences focused hedge fund based in New York. At our core we are committed to supporting healthcare innovation by investing in passionate scientists and ambitious management teams that are on the cusp of breakthroughs in the understanding, diagnosis and treatment of unmet medical needs.
We are looking for self-motivated, well-rounded candidates with a combined life science and investing background that enjoy investigating clinical trials and identifying underappreciated therapies with potential for widespread impact.
This part-time role allows for flexible hours and working locations, and can be adapted to supplement your academic focus or research interests. You can start and end at your convenience, and there is potential for a permanent role on the investment team down the road.
Responsibilities and Schedule:
- Analyze and interpret clinical data and scientific literature for drugs under development
- Analyze a product's chances for clinical and regulatory success, identifying potential setbacks
- Assess disease profiles and market potential; construct bottom up financial projections
- Part-time, work on idea-by-idea basis. Fully flexible start and ends dates
- Work remotely, report to our New York office for occasional investment committee meetings
- Current or recent grad student, MBA, PhD or post docs with advanced life science background with specific expertise in biology, biochemistry, pharmacology or biostatistics
- Able to interpret scientific articles, clinical trial data and trial biostatics
- Strong financial, accounting and analytical skills to build models for diseases/therapies and company specific valuation models (e.g., DCF-NPV)
- Autonomous, entrepreneurial, intellectually curious and questioning
Our Commitment to You:
Candidates will learn how the science underlying treatments interacts with trial design and business fundamentals to impact stock prices and will work closely with our Chief Scientific Officer and Chief Investment Officer to learn about identifying mispriced healthcare investment opportunities.
If our mission and approach resonates with you, please send your CV. To learn more, visit www.chamberspoint.com
View and apply on the DOC website.