Senior Fellowships: For researchers with a proven track record of leading an independent research group to establish or expand their research programme in India. For applicants with 7-15 years of post-PhD research experience.
Intermediate Fellowships: For postdoctoral researchers who want to establish an independent research career in India. For applicants with 4-7 years of post-PhD research experience.
- No age or nationality restrictions
- A PhD in any discipline of science
- The candidates need not be resident in India while applying but should be willing to relocate and work in India.
- A salaried position or commitment towards a salaried position at the Host Institution is not required.
- Applications from Clinicians and Public health researchers will not be processed through this round of competition. Please visit our website for further information.
Remit: Full spectrum of biomedical science from fundamental molecular and cellular studies through clinical and public health research**. Interdisciplinary projects are welcome. http://wellcomedbt.org/iafellows.html
Provisions: The 5 year Fellowship support provides
- Competitive personal salary support
- Generous and flexible funds for research
- Funds to develop international collaboration
Requirements: The following are essential for the application.
- A research proposal that is based on a hypothesis and seeks to answer an original biomedical research question
- A not-for-profit Host Institution in India that will administer the Fellowship for the full duration of the award.
- A sponsor at the Host Institution, who can guarantee space and resources for the duration of the award.
Preliminary applications due by 14 August, 2014
Application forms will be available on the India Alliance Online application System (IASys)
Please visit our website for further information on the application process. Please write to us with queries to email@example.com
**We encourage Clinicians and Public Health researchers to apply in a separate competition which would be announced later. For more information please visit our website.