The Foundation Relations team in University Advancement is expanding and looking for two Associate Directors. The Associate Directors will be responsible for raising funds to support UVA's research, academic programs, and key initiatives. These fundraising positions will work closely with members of the administration, faculty, and development colleagues to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward foundation prospects. They will be responsible for strategically managing and growing a portfolio of national and statewide foundations; developing proposal and report submissions; and supporting faculty and university leaders in their foundation fundraising efforts.
Other Responsibilities will include:
- Cultivating and deepening relationships with foundations through phone calls, emails, travel, coordinating on-Grounds visits, and other communications;
- Matching foundation opportunities with strengths and priorities of the university and activities of the faculty;
- Developing strategies to build and enhance foundation funding and working with faculty, administrators, and advancement colleagues to implement these strategies;
- Advising and training faculty and staff regarding prospect identification, cultivation strategies, proposal development, and stewardship activities;
- Ensuring colleagues and faculty understand and follow university protocols for proposal and report submission;
- Performing other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, a proven ability to grasp complex subjects, an ability to build and maintain strong internal and external relationships and a demonstrated attention to detail. He/she will have the ability to meet deadlines, work both collaboratively and independently, and be creative, analytical, and adaptable.
For more information and to apply: https://jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=82455