Associate Director of Research
Citizens United for Research in Epilepsy (CURE) is seeking an Associate Director of Research to join our Research team. The Associate Director of Research will work closely with other Research Team members to develop and implement CURE's research strategy, drive progress toward a cure and maintain CURE's position at the forefront of epilepsy research.
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
- PhD in Neuroscience or biologically-relevant field with 3 or more years of experience in academia, non-profit, industry or governmental agency
- Deep expertise in basic, translational and/or clinical science as it relates to epilepsy
- Demonstrated evaluation, planning, coordination, organization, and problem-solving skills with ability to think both strategically and tactically
- Demonstrated writing and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage people and teams
- Experience working with governmental funding agencies and/or other sources of revenue including venture capital entities, investors and industry partners
- Partner with internal stakeholders to define and implement the strategic research mission of CURE for maximum impact
- Develop and execute specific research strategies and initiatives to accelerate research discoveries in priority areas
- Develop communications on strategic direction, scientific trends, portfolio impact and patient priorities
- Work with the Director of Research Administration to coordinate peer review of grant applications
- Work with funded investigators to anticipate and solve issues related to implementation of projects to ensure milestones are achieved
- Build and cultivate relationships with foundations, government, industry and investors to enable progression of CURE-supported scientific discoveries into cures for epilepsy
- Collaborate with CURE Marketing and Communications to effectively support goals of the Research program via strategic communications
- Partner with the CURE Development team to engage the donor community towards stewardship of research programs, communicate progress and highlight future research opportunities
This role reports directly to the Chief Scientific Officer. Travel is required.
Please email resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
is to CURE epilepsy, transforming and saving millions of lives.
We identify and fund cutting-edge research, challenging scientists
worldwide to collaborate and innovate in pursuit of this goal.
Our commitment is unrelenting.