Assistant Director, Career Development, Graduate Students
Lead graduate career services programming and delivery, clarifying current and desired outcomes for each group of graduates. Working closely with graduate school leadership, and coordinating with current career services assets across the University, develop programming and advising which will educate students and empower them to establish and manage their career paths.
Develop and implement a strategic plan and tactics for a prioritized group of graduate students and departments. Identify gaps in current services and resources needed to meet needs towards successful outcomes as defined by the individual schools.
Develop, coordinate, and, as needed, deliver career programming to meet the stated outcomes, with primary emphasis on opportunities outside of academia. This assumes that individual departments will deliver the majority of advising and training with regards to academic opportunities.
Provide individual and group counseling and advising where possible.
Identify and develop key relationships across the schools with the objective of collaborating wherever possible on the strategy and execution of the programming delivery.
Bachelor’s degree required plus five years of experience in a related industry required
- Demonstrated stellar interpersonal skills needed, as well as strong skills in relationship-building, advising, organization, leadership, and creative thinking.
- Demonstrated customer relationship management skills and orientation
- Ability to work with little supervision while depending on collaboration across a matrixed organization to achieve success
- Demonstrated ability to build highly effective curricula and programming
- Outstanding communication skills, both one-on-one and in small and large groups
- Demonstrated project management ability
Master’s degree or PhD strongly preferred.
A minimum of five years of experience in one of the following areas: training and development, university teaching and administration, career planning, executive search, industry.
The hiring range for this position is $44,441 - $57,759 annually.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Human Resources website (hr.wustl.edu)
For more information and to apply: www.jobs.wustl.edu