GenomOncology, a venture backed Cleveland-based biotechnology company with a fully developed proprietary platform, provides the analytical tools to rapidly and interactively interpret sequenced genomic data. Our cancer genomic analyses focus on three distinct professional fields: cancer research, clinical application, and drug discovery. Due to our rapid growth and new client acquisition we are actively seeking Bioinformaticians to join our team. We offer a highly collaborative, flexible and fun working environment.
The successful candidate could reside in Nashville, TN or Cleveland, OH.
- Demonstrated research and working experience in bioinformatics, next-generation sequencing, and database tools/technologies.
- Masters/PhD (with 3+ years of experience) in Computer Science with Molecular Biology/Microbiology concentration, Molecular Biology/Microbiology with Computer Science/Bioinformatics concentration, Bioinformatics, and/or Medical Informatics.
- Demonstrated ability to develop software tools to generate useful genomic information and analyze genomic sequencing data.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, start-up like environment.
- Must have strong analytical and quantitative skills, strong oral and written communication skills, and accustomed to working both independently and collaboratively.
- Proficiency in using build, test, version control, and documentation tools preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Java, Python, and R; able to read and use PERL libraries. Experience working with databases is a plus (SQL / NoSQL). Proficiency working in a Linux environment and with Unix shell scripting. Proficiency with the SGE cluster environment.
- Familiarity with the ecosystem of standard tools for primary sequence analysis (e.g. BWA, samtools, vcftools, bedtools, tabix, Picard tools, GATK, CASAVA, Bowtie, Tophat, Cufflinks), their APIs and standard file formats (SAM/BAM, VCF, BED, etc.).
GenomOncology is enabling precision medicine by translating next generation sequencing data into actionable information for clinicians and researchers. As the bottleneck of cancer molecular diagnostics has moved from data acquisition to data interpretation, GenomOncology has developed a proprietary technology platform to streamline the use of next generation sequencing in medicine and research.
GenomOncology’s proprietary software and analytical tools can rapidly and interactively analyze and interpret sequenced genomic data. This approach enables GenomOncology to capture critical findings for the cancer researcher or clinical oncologist and produce a robust analysis report in less than a day. The company expects its technology will reduce the time necessary for researchers to make new discoveries, which will ultimately provide clinicians with the information necessary to prescribe “personalized” medical treatment.
We are an equal opportunity employer providing a competitive compensation and benefits package…and most importantly offer a fun, energetic and highly collaborative environment!
To apply: visit http://www.genomoncology.com/careers/ or send your resume directly to : firstname.lastname@example.org.