Strategic Analysis, Inc. (SA), is a privately-held company that provides national security decision-makers with world-class technical and programmatic services. SA's mission is to provide top-level decision makers with world-class analysis, tools, and professional services that integrate the technical, operational, programmatic, and policy aspects of national security issues.
Strategic Analysis is seeking a versatile individual to satisfy a requirement for Bioinformatician to support our government client. Successful applicants will work with members of a team to provide technical expertise and program management assistance to our government client on revolutionary research efforts.
- Masters (with 3+ years of experience) in Computer Science with Molecular Biology/Microbiology concentration, Molecular Biology/Microbiology with Computer Science/Bioinformatics concentration, Bioinformatics, and/or Medical Informatics.
- Demonstrated research and working experience in bioinformatics, next-generation sequencing, and database tools/technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to develop software tools to generate useful genomic information and analyze genomic sequencing data.
- Expertise in programming languages, such as Java, C++, and Perl.
- Desired familiarity with molecular biology/microbiology laboratory experiments and protocols.
- Candidate must be able to quickly and effectively analyze, summarize and communicate the intellectual content of scientific and technological information to both scientific and lay audiences, and have the ability to multi-task and respond to quick turn-around requests.
- Demonstrated history of exceptional professional and/or academic achievement.
- Strong time management skills and ability to work independently; a self-starter.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- U.S. citizenship is required
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance
You will become the invaluable "right-hand" for a Program Manager in the form of technical expertise and technical management capabilities. Responsibilities include: research support and evaluation, preparation of briefing materials, identification of technology gaps, technical risk management, technology transfer efforts, as well as programmatic assistance, such as attending program reviews/site visits/field tests, facilitating interagency communication and interactions, organizing files and documents into a historical timeline, and coordinating workshops for staff as needed. This position includes overall technical monitoring of research programs to: (1) ensure Statement of Work tasks are completed as negotiated; (2) milestones are met; and (3) fiscal commitments/obligations/expenditures are appropriate.
To apply and for any additional information, please go to SA current openings.