The NIH is the premier biomedical research center for the world. Its 27 Institutes and Centers employ approximately 18,000 employees doing a vast array of jobs, all supporting efforts for a healthy nation. For information on the NIH mission, goals, and Institutes and Centers, visit NIH Overview
This term biologist position is located in the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Disease (NIDDK), Division of Intramural Research, Laboratory of Biochemistry and Genetics (LBG). The Laboratory of Biochemistry and Genetics uses molecular genetics, biochemical techniques, and physical chemical approaches to study a diverse range of topics related to disease and health. If you are an exceptionally talented, knowledgeable and motivated individual with experience as a Biologist, AND you want to play a significant role in a dynamic organization, then consider joining the NIDDK, National Institutes of Health. For more information, visit: http://www2.niddk.nih.gov.
This position is project based and appointment will not exceed 2 years, but can be extended without further competition up to a total of 4 years.
- U.S. Citizenship requirement met by closing date.
- Position is subject to a background investigation.
- There is an education requirement for this position (transcripts required).
As a Biologist, you will perform the following duties and functions:
- Investigate research objectives relevant to the overall goals of the laboratory.
- Plan and develop experiments and experimental protocols.
- Recommend methods and, as appropriate, develop and modify methods and procedures for conducting the project. Determine problems or deficiencies in methodology or protocols and take appropriate corrective action.
- Develop research objectives based upon working models formulated as a result of personal work experience, scientific knowledge, and review of the literature.
- Consult with other laboratories in requesting and obtaining reagents.
Please apply through the USAJOBS
OPEN PERIOD: Monday, September 22, 2014 to Friday, September 26, 2014