Keck Graduate Institute and Regeneron Pharmaceuticals are excited to announce the 2014-2015 Corporate Postdoctoral Residency Program.
The program is the first of its kind combining corporate postdoctoral residency opportunities with KGI's bioscience business management curriculum.
Regeneron and Keck Graduate Institute (KGI) invite outstanding researchers with a PhD in science or engineering to apply for the Corporate Postdoctoral Residency Program. This unique program leads to both corporate experience and a Postdoctoral Professional Masters (PPM) degree in Bioscience Management from Keck Graduate Institute.
This 24-month corporate experience and networking opportunity is unsurpassed for postdoctoral researchers interested in opportunities in the life sciences industry. The program sequence consists of:
- Spring 2014 enrollment to PPM program at Keck Graduate Institute; a 9-month accredited master’s program that helps PhDs acquire the business and management skills needed to pursue either R&D or management careers within the life sciences industry. More information on the PPM program here.
- A paid summer internship at Regeneron in Tarrytown, New York.
- Upon completion of the PPM degree, the postdoctoral residents return to Regeneron, in New York, to participate in a 1-year residency program in one of the following groups: Regulatory Affairs, Project Management, Medical Information, or Translational Sciences and Oncology (placement is based on experience and fit).
The summer internship and 1-year residency program are both paid positions within Regeneron. Participants of the Corporate Postdoctoral Residency Program are responsible for paying normal tuition for the PPM program. However, loans and scholarship matching are available for all individuals accepted into the PPM program through KGI.
KGI Corporate Postdoctoral Residency Program - Regulatory Affairs Intern
KGI Corporate Postdoctoral Residency Program – Medical Information Intern
KGI Corporate Postdoctoral Residency Program - Project Management Intern
KGI Corporate Postdoctoral Residency Program – Translational Sciences & Oncology Intern (job description coming soon)
How to Apply
Scientists and engineers with a PhD are eligible to apply for the program. Candidates should apply through KGI's application system. An application consists of the following:
- A cover letter addressed to Regeneron. The letter should cite your interest in and qualifications for the specific position. If you apply for more than one position, please submit separate cover letters, each tailored to the specific position.
- A personal statement addressed to KGI, expressing your interest and motivation for the PPM program.
- A completed application form to the PPM program. Click here to begin the application
- A resume
- One letter of recommendation
- Official transcripts (can be unofficial by time of application deadline)
- Application fee waived (when applying online please select the "pay by check" option)
All applications will be jointly reviewed by Regeneron and KGI. A short-list of applicants will be selected to visit KGI on October 10th. Regeneron will schedule first round interviews at KGI on Saturday October 11 th . These applicants will be reimbursed up to $500 for travel to KGI. Finalists will be interviewed at Regeneron's headquarters in New York in early November.
- September 13, 2013: Application deadline
- September 1-25, 2013: KGI will interview applicants for fit to PPM program
- October 10, 2013: PPM Visitation Day at KGI
- October 11, 2013: Regeneron interviews candidates at KGI, Claremont, CA
- November 1, 2013: Interviews at Regeneron, Tarrytown, NY
- November 8, 2013: Offers made to accepted candidates
- November 15, 2013: Intent deadline
For any questions, please contact Yvonne Klaue (Yvonne_Klaue@kgi.edu) or KGI Admissions (Admissions@kgi.edu).