NextGxDx provides an online genetic testing marketplace that offers healthcare professionals and hospitals the ability to access up-to-date listings of all genetic tests fromm CLIA-certified laboratories, view pertinent information about each test, order tests online, and manage results electronically within the HIPAA-compliant portal. By providing clinicians with a one-stop-shop to search, compare, and order genetic tests, NextGxDx reduces the time and costs associated with the ordering of genetic tests. For mor information, visit www.NextGxDx.com.
NextGxDx is seeking a data analyst to grow our bioinformatics infrastructure and support our online genetic testing marketplace. This individual would be directly involved in the construction and development of new and exciting data products that are directly tied to the company’s central mission of helping clinicians find the appropriate genetic test for their patient. The informatics department at NextGxDx is highly collaborative and innovative, and this individual will work closely with our IT department and our Data Scientists in the implementation and deployment of our data assets. The ideal candidate would be someone who is excited by large, complicated, cumbersome datasets and enjoys creatively molding them into a meaningful format.
NextGxDx is looking for an individual who possesses the following qualities:
- Seeking a career in data science, data analysis, or a related discipline.
- Experience with handling, manipulating, and managing large datasets.
- Able to rapidly learn new technologies and implement them on the fly.
- Possesses a degree in Computer Science, Biology or other discipline relevant to genetics and data analysis.
- Highly collaborative and open to new ideas.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Highly creative.
- Adding new data resources into our data infrastructure.
- Incorporating new data sources into our data pipeline.
- Creatively troubleshooting data quality issues and identifying strategies to correct them.
- Processing and analyzing datasets generated by the NextGxDx platform.
- Supporting and extending the data processing infrastructure by building and incorporating new data tools.
- Implementing new data products under direction of the Vice President of BioInformatics.
This position is full time and headquartered at our facility in Franklin, TN. Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience. This position reports directly to the Vice President of BioInformatics, Dr. Jud Schneider.
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.