Tenet Health is seeking multiple data scientists to join its data science team within Clinical Operations. The data science team is a new and exciting group within Tenet that will address high priority clinical and operational challenges through data science and predictive analytics.
The ideal candidate will have a keen interest in healthcare delivery, and a passion for identifying and answering questions that will help Tenet advance the quality, safety, and value of the care delivered in its national system of hospitals and clinics.
As one of the largest healthcare providers in the United States, Tenet provides unique platform for data science: in terms of the volume and complexity of its data, the opportunity for innovation, and the potential to positively impact the lives of the millions of patients that receive care in its facilities each year.
• Work closely with clinical operations leaders, front line clinicians, clinical informatics, and other data science team members to identify key challenges, answer important questions, and implement analytic-driven solutions
• Identify opportunities for collection or aggregation of new data and enhanced use of existing data sources
• Execute appropriate statistical analyses
• Routinize analyses and design new analytics products
• Design product implementation experiments and evaluate the results
• Cleary communicate findings to key stakeholders and executive decision makers
• PhD or MS in statistics, computer science, Informatics, economics or other technical/quantitative discipline
• Extensive experience solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches
• Expertise in manipulating and analyzing complex, high-volume, high-dimensionality data from varying sources
• A strong passion for empirical research and for answering hard questions with data
• Ability to communicate complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
• Expert knowledge of an analysis tool such as R (preferred), Matlab, STATA or SAS
• Familiarity with relational databases and SQL
• Experience working with distributed computing tools (e.g., Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, etc.) desirable
• Fluency with at least one scripting language such as Python desirable
At Tenet we’re all united around a common mission — to help people live happier, healthier lives. Across our network of 80 hospitals, 190+ outpatient centers, 36,000 affiliated physicians, and six health plans, our 105,000+ employees provide compassionate, quality care to millions of patients through a wide range of services: from wellness and primary care to chronic care management, urgent care, advanced diagnostics, outpatient surgery, rehabilitation and acute hospital care. Through our health plans we’re providing affordable coverage options for individuals, families, retirees and employers. We’re educating the next generation of healthcare leaders through our Baptist School of Health Professions. We're collaborating with leading healthcare insurers to better coordinate care, reduce healthcare costs and improve the long-term health and well-being of communities through our accountable care and clinically integrated organizations. https://www.tenethealth.com/
Primary Location: Nashville, TN or Dallas, TX
Interested Applicants Should Send a CV and Cover Letter to:
Spencer Jones, PhD
Director, Data Science