The Department of Genetics at Yale University is searching for a research track position as a Scientific Advisor to the Chair to function as a scientific manager whose primary responsibilities will be to work with the Chair to coordinate scientific activities, organize research faculty recruitment, and grant writing within the Genetics Department. We seek an individual with an outgoing personality who is motivated, reliable and flexible, and who can work both independently and within a team. The primary responsibilities will be:
- To coordinate scientific initiatives in the department.
- Manage communications and support the faculty in Genetics in grant writing and manuscript editing.
- Coordinate faculty research recruitment efforts
- Drive federal and state funding campaigns to support the the genetics department.
We are looking for a dynamic leader with the following attributes to join our team:
- Degree in the life sciences (PhD or MD), with previous experience as Scientific editor, consulting, managerial positions and/or funding agencies/grant writing
- Ability to interact with scientists at different levels across disciplines
- Excellent writing and managerial skills
Prospects of the position: We offer an interesting position in the exciting and growing area of Genetics, Genomics and Developmental Biology and Personalized Medicine; opportunity for growth in responsibilities; and impact within Yale University. Salary according to your experience. Starting date for the position is January 1, 2018. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt.
To apply, please submit a cover letter describing your motivation and experience in science, management, consulting and grant writing, your CV, a one page scientific essay on any topic of choice and the names of three references, to https://apply.interfolio.com/44666 to the attention of Antonio Giraldez, Chair of Genetics. Inquiries should be addressed to email@example.com.