The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists is a not-for-profit membership organization supporting over 57,000 members/physicians across the country. As the experts in women’s health we provide a wide range of services for the nation's leading group of professionals. Located in S.W. Washington, DC, we provide a positive, supportive work environment, excellent benefits and so much more! To learn more about our organization, please visit our Website atwww.acog.org!
We are looking for a Health Policy Analyst to join our Government Affairs team who will research, analyze and respond to Medicaid and CHIP policies specific to women’s health care delivery, including financing, coverage and payment policies. Some of the work will be outside of Medicaid and CHIP, for example in relation to Affordable Care Act implementation.
- Responsible for researching, analyzing and synthesizing information on policy topics relevant to women’s health and obstetrician-gynecologists, with a particular focus on Medicaid and CHIP.
- Convene and lead work groups of staff and members to develop, update, and review organizational policies related to portfolio; including taking lead on development of fact sheets, policy statements, and other materials used by the organization to convey and advocate for organizational positions and priorities.
- Track and respond to national initiatives related to changes in Medicaid financing, payment and coverage policies.
- Provide technical support in response to state-level initiatives, as requested by districts and sections.
- Analyze legislation, proposed regulations and other emerging proposals; prepare documents for and brief staff and members; prepare detailed written comments for submission to Congress and federal agencies; and assist in analysis and drafting of comments on state-specific issues.
- Within Medicaid/CHIP portfolio produce ongoing research, analysis and materials to develop and support organizational priorities; and coordinate with health economics and practice management staff and committees to evaluate payment and delivery system reform proposals.
- Assist State Legislative and Regulatory Affairs, and Federal Affairs staff in developing policy strategies and justifications to help achieve organizational goals related to maintaining and improving access to obstetrician-gynecologist care within the Medicaid program.
- Develop and maintain working relationships and collaborate with CMS staff and other relevant health policy and women’s health organizations, such as NAMD, NGA, NHELP, MACPAC, MOD, AAFP, AHA, AAP and AMA.
- Some Congressional lobbying may be required.
· Bachelor’s in Health Policy, Social Sciences, Law, or a related discipline required. Master's preferred.
· At least 4 years related experience in public private policy analysis with expertise in research and analysis of health care policy issues including Medicaid, CHIP, health coverage and financing. Understanding of Medicaid financing, coverage and reimbursement policy, including managed care policies and delivery system reform proposals, and changes that may result from the implementation of the Affordable Care Act.
· Excellent quantitative, analytic, research, writing and interpersonal skills.
· Experience in planning and leading complex projects in health policy and translating results for lay audiences with minimal supervision.
· Knowledge of federal and state legislative and regulatory processes.
· Must be computer literate, including strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite.
The American College is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, who participates in EVerify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, or any other classification as required by applicable law.
Please submit your cover letter and resume directly to our recruiter through the following site:
IMPORTANT NOTE: The application system does not provide a specific place for you to upload/input your cover letter. Please remember to upload/paste your cover letter AND resume as one document.