The Society for Women's Health Research (SWHR) seeks a full-time Health Scientist Administrator to assist the Vice President (VP) for Scientific Affairs at SWHR with strategic vision to conceptualize and evaluate potential programs in the context of SWHR's mission and goals.
Relationships and Roles:
- Reports to Vice President (VP) of Scientific Affairs
- Works collaboratively, after assignment from the VP, with development, government relations, and communications staff on program planning.
- Serves as primary liaison to SWHR’s ISIS Network(s), as assigned.
- Participates/Leads the effort to plan/execute all logistics for scientific conferences, workshops and roundtables, as assigned.
- Drafts scientific manuscripts and communicates with Journal editorial offices, as assigned.
- External liaison with outside agencies, including NIH and FDA, companies, including the media, consultants, contractors, and hotel staff as appropriate for programs
- Represents SWHR at meetings, as requested.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed without supervision.
- Ability to handle many simultaneous responsibilities
- Ability to think and plan strategically in the context of organizational goals.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Credible public presence and articulate spokesperson
- Effective collaborator
- Leadership skills including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of constituencies
Credentials and Experience:
- PhD (or MD) in a health/life science and knowledge of epidemiology, biostatistics, behavioral, biomedical and/or other sciences related to women’s health.
- At least five (5) years of experience including developing and managing programs and staff including proposal development, budget preparation and administration, developing scientific/health public policy, conducting scientific research, writing/presenting scientific materials and facilitating scientific meetings and conferences.
Please submit a resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants will not be considered without all requested items. Cover letter should include information on how your specific knowledge, skills, and abilities are matched to this job.
For questions regarding this position, you can contact Dr. Erika Davies at email@example.com.
For more information on the job, visit: https://www.training.nih.gov/jobs/view/_10/2066/Health/Scientist_Adminis...
SWHR is an equal opportunity employer.
Disclaimer: This description is intended to provide an overview of this position and is not all inclusive. The incumbent in the position will be expected to perform other duties as required. Responsibilities may change over time. This description is provided for informational purposes only and does not form the basis of a contract.